Are the two power window swithces supposed to be lighted?

WilCX9

Hello,
I just got a CX-9 Touring for my wife, I was wondering if both of the power window switches on the driver side door are supposed to be lit. I only have the driver window switch lit.

Thanks

Last edited:
On mine, all power window switches are lit at nights.
Power door lock switch is not, BTW,

FYI, those LED's will go out if you enagage the window lock button. Try pushing the window lock button and see if it toggles the switch light. It should toggle the three switches that control the passenger windows. BTW the LED on the passenger switch on each door should also turn on and off.

I was told the 2010 models don't have them lit up. Could someone confirm? Unless the dealership is lying to me....

well on my 2010, I only have one lit on the driver door, if I unlock them the swithes on the other doors will turn off/on but on the driver door only one is on.
thanks guy.

Yeah sounds like you have a broken set of switches. My 2010 GT lights all of them up on the driver's door and passenger's door. The dealership is wrong. AN easy way to confirm is to check them on a new CX-9. Maybe they have one in the showroom?

All four light on my 2010 GT drivers door unless I press the window lock button and then they all go out except for the driver switch.

Another 2010 GT owner, and all four of mine light up. Like a couple of others have stated, that if I press the window lockout switch, the other 3 buttons go out.

again thanks!
I'm goin there on saturday for a free full tank of gas and a full detail, since mine was a 2010 left over and needs more shine.......I will check there then, I dont think they have any more 2010s there though....

2010 Touring AWD, only the one light is lit up.

Reading this thread I see everyone with a GT saying they have them all lit up, and those of us with a Touring say only 1 is lit up.

Maybe that's the differentiating factor? GT vs Touring?

Anyone with a 2010 Grand Touring who can chime in?

You're probably right LordJezo, this is probably a differentiator between Touring and GT. Petoria however implies that her GT does not light up. At least the GT she has listed in her sig

On our 2010 GT:

Driver's side door: driver's side window switch is lit. passenger's side windows switch does NOT look like it is capable of lighting up. It has the 3 nubs where it would light up, but they are not like the driver's side window switch.

All other doors: window switch lights up and turn off when the window switch lock is engaged.

Ok, here is a video. I have a 2010 Grand Touring with Navi, all four window switch buttons light up. When you push in the window lock button, 3 lights go out.

Click the picture below. It's photobucket, so it takes a second to load. Also, it was kind of bright outside when I did this, but if you look closely, you will see the lights go on and off.

For 2008 GT, the behaviour is the same as 2010.
All buttons are lit whether headlights are on or off.
When window lock is pressed, the non-driver-side ones go off.

In short, the lights are there to tell users that the buttons are functioning when they are lit.
Not sure about the Touring model.

Window Switch Lights

Thanks everyone - I guess I was among the 10% that didn't get the word. Didn't even know they switched on and off, but after checking, they work perfectly. My '10 Sport is a year old this month, has a shade over 10,000 miles, and has seen the inside of a shop one time, and that for an oil change (changed it myself the second time). Obviously still have things to learn about this critter, just like these lights.

I toggled the lock window button on my 11 GT and only the driver auto window is lit. The passenger door window is lit too. The other three are not. I guess I have a blown fuse (stated earlier) and need to take it to the dealer.

Last edited:
The light shows that it is functioning.
If it works (not locked out), but the light is not on, then, the light is broken. As simple as that.

but appearently varies from GT to touring....all my doors are fine accordingly to the lock/unlock, but the driver's door...where only the driver window switch is lit, the three other ones are never lit......
and thats 2010 Touring...

Back