Are short drivers uncomfortable?

:
2008 Mazda CX9 Sport
Just read the Car and Driver shootout on compact cars, of which they loved the 3. I did read that one of the female reviewers ( who apparently is short in stature) did not like driving the 3 due to seat height/viewing ability/seating configuration/etc. Anybody have a problem, or a spouse have a problem, in driving the 3 if they are not tall? My wife is 5'2" so it may be an issue with her.

The best thing to do is actually go to a dealership and get her to see for herself. :)

Wife is 5'0" and the power seat is good for her. Was the review of the non-power seat?

Her main complaint is with the seat forward to her comfortable position, the audio controls on the center console are too far back to comfortably use. A minor complaint, but it is one.

My wife's 5'0" and she's happy with the manual seat of our GX. She likes to have it raised all the way up (for good view to the windshield), moved forward to the dash (so she can reach the pedals), and the wheel pushed back to the dash.

I'm 5'8" and I personally am more comfortable with our old 2002 Protege5, but then again, it's a "90's" style car; large windows, large windshield, low dash, flat seats.

5'4" (135 lbs) and I find the 2014 sGT almost as comfortable as the 2012 iGT. The powered seat seems easier to adjust to what I find comfortable than it was in the 2012 (less complex tilt option/combinations maybe). However I do find it to be not quite as supportive in the lumbar (despite the available adjustments) which could be an issue on extended trips (not an issue for me).

Back