Apexi afc neo controller

russhay78

:
2003 MazdaSpeed Protege
Has anybody used the APEXI AFC NEO CONTROLLER on there MSP? If so, how did it do? Was it a pain to install? I am currently debating on AFC's

From what I've seen and read on these forums, the MSPs ECU will learn to bypass it. The SSAFC is the only piggyback that I am 100% certain that will work with the MSP.

From what I've seen and read on these forums, the MSPs ECU will learn to bypass it. The SSAFC is the only piggyback that I am 100% certain that will work with the MSP.

ssafc or unichip are the ONLY piggybacks that will work with the msp. the apexi has very little support and many have reported (talking about almost 10 years ago) that the ecu learns around those like Preferio said.

ssafc - cheap, can tune it yourself, requires cutting into the factory harness and soldering

unichip - plug and play, CAN tune it yourself if u buy the software from unichip directly, otherwise you need to go to a unichip authorized dealer/tuner to tune for all your mods. and has to maps to store in it. one for daily driving and one with more aggressive timing and more boost. can be set to your liking

People have also used the AEM FIC but the most common, easiest to use and most reliable unit is by far the SSAFC. If you want to retard timing in addition to altering the fuel maps, or run higher than 16psi you can get the SSFTC.

Back