Apex Motorsports Problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

onequickmsp

:
03.5 Mazdaspeed Protege
I placed an order with Apex Motorsports a couple weeks ago for a Greddy Shift Knob and Kartboy Exhaust bushings. Well, up until yesterday I did not hear anything from Apex Motorsports and I was starting to get a little worried. Then out of the blue I got a phone call from Jeremy at Apex and he explained to me that Apex Motorsports has switched owners and that they are having problems with orders that where taken. Most orders that where placed online are coming up as Canceled on there computer. He told me that he spent the whole weekend calling people up to confirm there orders and they are slowly but surely getting back on track. After a brief discussion, I told him that I would place up a post on the Mazda forum to let other Apex Motorsports customers know whats going on.

Hope this has helped.

Last edited:
Same thing happened here. I ordered a recirc fitting for my greddy rs and needed a 7/8 not a 1.25". I didnt hear anything after like 10 calls. then got an email saying the company was purchased. They said they would look in the old stock and see what they can find. Havent heard anything in a few days though...

Yeah, last week I placed an order for some Kartboy Exhaust hangers and Tuesday of this week a guy named Jeremy from Apex called me telling me that Apex bought Kartboy or something and they discontinued the hangers and they canceled my order. Poor guy had to call like 20+ people.

They should compensate you for your time and frustration, I'm not sure how big of a company they are but a little something to show their appreciation of your continued business would be nice.

Damn I just emailed them yesterday for a Greddy RS BOV... I hope I can buy from them... the price is amazing.

the Kartboy exhaust hangers are discontinued........ SORRY =(

Hi!!!!!!!!!!

this is Jeremy from Apexr1.com or Apex Motorsports
We are also known locally here in Phoenix Arizona as UMS Tuning.com

I figured I would pop on in and join so i could be in better contact. I am still playing catch up on orders...moving the shop.....keeping the UMS customers happy....

Please bear with us right now as we are trying to go from strictly bulding cars to retail/mailorder/online/walk-in AND still build cars......

here is a link to our old unfinished website http://www.umstuning.com

Just a brief idea of who we are.......

We take care of Rockford Fosgate's project cars (mechanical not audio) ...K-sport USA's drift and time attack cars, Centerforce's project cars.....

http://www.centerforce.com/sponsored.tpl?subsection=details&cart=11740027732525770&title=CENTERFORCE%20-%20CELICA%20ALL-TRAC

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/gallery/detail.asp?iType=49&iPic=4211

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/gallery/detail.asp?iType=16&iPic=3715

here is a twin turbo g35 we built

http://g35driver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72847

as yuo can see we are contantly busy here with projects......

ps here is a shot i really enjoy....my car on speed vision

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1923061

I will be popping in to check on things

please feel free to contact me via email, AOL ( ApexUMS ) or phone

Thanks again!

Jeremy
Sales
Apex Motorsports and UMS Tuning

Awesome!

Thanks Jeremy.
Can't wait for that Greddy Shift knob to come in. Since you don't sell Kartboy Exhaust hangers anymore, can you recommend something else? I currently have a Greddy SP2 Exhaust on my car and the muffler is quite a bit heavier then the stock Mazdaspeed Muffler and is causing the rubber bushings to get loose and bang the muffler against the car. It's getting really annoying, is there anything that can be done to fix this?

Thanks
-Claudio

onequickmsp said:
Awesome!

Thanks Jeremy.
Can't wait for that Greddy Shift knob to come in. Since you don't sell Kartboy Exhaust hangers anymore, can you recommend something else? I currently have a Greddy SP2 Exhaust on my car and the muffler is quite a bit heavier then the stock Mazdaspeed Muffler and is causing the rubber bushings to get loose and bang the muffler against the car. It's getting really annoying, is there anything that can be done to fix this?

Thanks
-Claudio

Check out Corksport, they are now selling exhaust hangers since kartboys are discontinued. I just ordered at set. :)

Here is an update from Apex Motorsports.

Jeremy contacted me a couple days ago and apologized for the delay of my order. To restore the good name of Apex Motorsports, he said he was not going to charge me for the Greddy Shift knob I ordered. I thought this was very professional on his part and I would defiantly do business with him again.

It's good to know that some companies still appreciate there customers. He could have very easily cancelled my order and come up with some BS excuse but instead, he just went above and beyond and made things right.

Awesome!
Thanks Jeremy from Apex Motorsports(thumb)

Last edited:
onequickmsp said:
Here is an update from Apex Motorsports.

Jeremy contacted me a couple days ago and apologized for the delay of my order. To restore the good name of Apex Motorsports, he said he was not going to charge me for the Greddy Shift knob I ordered. I thought this was very professional on his part and I would defiantly do business with him again.

It's good to know that some companies still appreciate there customers. He could have very easily cancelled my order and come up with some BS excuse but instead, he just went above and beyond and made things right.

Awesome!
Thanks Jeremy from Apex Motorsports(thumb)

I recieved a similar response but because they had no more 7/8 Greddy recirc fittings and it would be "too expensive" to have just one made i am pretty much s*** out of luck . I will be contacting them and asking for a refund. I just want my car to recirc and this has been going on for ever since i ordered it. SO hopefully i can return there part and just get one somewhere else.

Hey guys,
I got my Greddy Shift knob yesterday. I didn't have to pay a thing. Jeremy is a man of his word and I will defiantly continue to do business with Apex Motorsports.

I screwed it on last night and I was surprised how heavy it was but after going for a short drive, I realized that it's heavy so that it may shift into gear smoother.

Awesome product. Awesome Company. Awesome Customer Service. Awesome! LoL!!

Boosted03MSP said:
I recieved a similar response but because they had no more 7/8 Greddy recirc fittings and it would be "too expensive" to have just one made i am pretty much s*** out of luck . I will be contacting them and asking for a refund. I just want my car to recirc and this has been going on for ever since i ordered it. SO hopefully i can return there part and just get one somewhere else.

Just got back from vacation in Mexico with my family............. I even came back a day early to get caught up at work....

Send me the info and I will refund you for the purchase sorry I couldn't help

onequickmsp
Hey guys,
I got my Greddy Shift knob yesterday. I didn't have to pay a thing. Jeremy is a man of his word and I will defiantly continue to do business with Apex Motorsports.

I screwed it on last night and I was surprised how heavy it was but after going for a short drive, I realized that it's heavy so that it may shift into gear smoother.

Awesome product. Awesome Company. Awesome Customer Service. Awesome! LoL!!

I was wondering when you were gong to get that!
Glad you are happy!

I just sent the money in to become a sponsor again as well

I look forward to serving the group here!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back