AP released

Right now, I'm leaning towards the Cobb set up. I've put my name on an "interested party" list with a local vendor so we can see what the deal is. IMHO, its the best set up we can hope for right now. Having been there done that with send away flashes on my last car, that alone pretty much removes this PR set up from my list. However, should they pull it off, mroe power to them.

There you go again ASSUMING!!!!!

Thank you for this post its obvious what kind person you are.

What kind of person is that, the type that tries to prevent fellow forum members from being taken advantage of. This guy has a bad rep on the mazda3 forums for good reason. A dealer can detect this any flash but once unmarried, the cobb flash is undetectable because it flashes the stock map with the original dates back to the ecu. You obviously have no idea what your talking about. No one even knows what this flash is doing to the car and your ready to send your ecu to somebody with a proven track record of dicking people over. I don't know if he does it purposely or is just a bad business man. Either way he doesn't get my business. What happens when you add a mod, you have send your ecu back for another flash? What happens when you go to the dealer, you send your ecu back for another flash? I can't see how anyone would consider this over the accessport. By the way haltech my mods are not in my sig and if you think that is a reason to bash me go ahead. You clearly have no idea what you are talking about. I don't care what other cars piasini tunes this product is inferior in design.

Ok well I'm all for a reflash But the cobb offers to go back to stock. can you do that with the piasini and can i tune myself, or go to my own tuner. are there people people in NY that can do this program. It jusy sound alittle shaddy .so if you want to sell your car you have to keep all your aftermarket stuff in it? so just asking

We need a thread and specs on this Piasani reflash...
Its got my attention...

On my Miata, I had sent my ECU out for a Jet reflash...it was OK, not a really substantial increase in HP...

I'm a dead-certain future Cobb AP user. Had one for my '05 Subie LGT and used it in so many different ways that I hate reminding myself about it (so much $$$ spent on never-ending string of mods & ProTunes).

they have a flash for the bolt on Garrett turbo upgrades already?

No, but the Performance Racing speed 6 has the 3071r on it. I asked them to port their tune to an ms3. Hopefully that works out to my advantage. If not, I've got another lead in the DFW area (local for me) for tuning (wink)

I have the feeling this is going to be another Cobb AP thread that bights the dust. Why cant we have a thread thats devoted to the AP that last longer then a week, I understand there are other options out there but this is the option that I feel will work best for me and what I want to do and I've had good luck with them before with the subbies.

COBB, Drop everything and get the AP for the MS3 finished NOW! This is an order!!!

Last edited:
And when did the 350 come out....and when did the MS3 come out? I think they have waited longer.... (screwy)

We've been waiting a shorter amount of time than anyone, other than the subaru's, which seem to be pretty easy to crack and all that. Plus, it's their main market.

It was announced a long time ago that we'd be the last ones to get it, we've only been waiting a little while compared to all the others.

No, but the Performance Racing speed 6 has the 3071r on it. I asked them to port their tune to an ms3. Hopefully that works out to my advantage. If not, I've got another lead in the DFW area (local for me) for tuning (wink)

You are planning to use a ms6 tune on a ms3? That is a bad idea, I wouldn't go less than a custom tune if I put a bigger turbo on my car. You are asking for a thrown rod.

you would want to get a custom tune for any turbo upgrade...OTS maps are kind of only meant to get you to the tuner at that point. Plus you may shorting yourself a few dozen ponies without a custom map.

hey I am not saying it isn't fair, I just want some more POWAH!!!!!!!!! besides I want to see what stage 1 did for the 350z , bet you guys they didnt see much (just a hunch)

actually I did some digging around and this is what i found, stage 1 3.8% increase in hp and like 2% torque and stage 2 7.2% increase in hp....pretty dissapointing to wait a year for 11 horsepower that cost 700 bucks. Thank good for boost I say........

as far as I'm concerned, all the information about the flash, including the dyno and datalogs these guys have been using has all been gathered from

http://www.ozmazdaclub.com/forum/piasiniengineering/4884-3mps-flashed-thats-right-flashed-9.html

The aussi's have NOT been using this flash for as long as is implied by certain people.. a month at most .. As far as I know, there was a question on ********** regarding reflashing the ecu.. I posted up a link to the Aussi site regarding the MPS flash .. a few days later PR racing starts dropping hints about being flashing coming to north america.. did he know about the reflash prior to me posting the link? who knows.. either way, he jumped on it very quickly and says he contacted the flash originator... however has yet to provide any concrete evidence tha isn't already available on the aussi forum of power gains and safety of the flash ... It has not been tested on a NA vehicle, it has not been tested on a big turbo vehicle, stock mazda north american maps are diffrent from european maps .... to be honest, I'm kind of curious as to how man of these cars are going to blow up once he finally gets these cars flashed.. although I will almost guarentee that some of the gus who are on the bandwagon will remain silent if anything wrong occures...

The VQ35 is already pretty strung out as it is. Its hard to get tons of gains out of a flash when the computer is already pretty well tuned. Its alot like flashing BMWs. That, and Cobb also stays conservative for the OTS flashes. They will most likely have a tune it yourself feature for the AP come out to supliment the flash.

However, more important than peak gains, I'd look at gains across the full powerband.

Back