AP question

you don't turn off the EGR, all you can do is turn off the CEL that you get when you use a block off plate on the EGR.

the box needs to be unchecked for it to be turned off, not sure why cobb did this reverse logic

the box needs to be unchecked for it to be turned off, not sure why cobb did this reverse logic

Yeah, wish there was a "Thanks" button here. Anyway, you're corrrect bova. The toggles are to be checked for that function/code to be "active".

another quick question.. as i was doing this i noticed that the following arent checked.. Use Abs. Load Target Table (boost control) and Use Boost Based Dynamics (boost control). should these be checked or no?

no, leave them unchecked unless you want to use one of them, but right now you are set to use load based for gears rather than the abs load table.

boost based dynamics - tune using boost pressure and waste gate duty cycle
abs. load target table - tune using one load table

and the current method is - load that you can tune per gear (i'd stick to this method, unless you know how to tune everything else yourself.) i might switch to boost based here soon after I do some reading.

This question is to anybody with a blow-through maf setup:

what should i use as a starting point for my maf calibrations?
Should i use something larger then a 3 inch maf housing?
there should be at least 6-8 inches of straight pipe before and after the maf sensor, correct?

a small plate that blocks off your egr so that it does not recirculate the gas back into the intake manifold

egr recycles some exhaust gas under certain conditions.
this some how clols down combustion temperatures, reduces nitrogen emissions and allows for a more complete usage of fuel...
but causes sick carbon deposits at the same time in the intake manifold...

well depends. Some believe it leads to too much carbon deposits forming. If you don't need to do yearly smog or emissions testing its not really going to effect you much. i don't know how big the blocked off egr family is but i don't know if any one has had anything worse then a cel.

Latest posts

Back