anything to be done about rapid tire wear?

mgmarsh39

:
08' cx-7 90' 300zx
This is rediculous... 13500 miles and my fronts are bald. My dealership says they wont do anything and Mazda says they wont do anything and I assume there is nothing that Bridgestone will do.

"They put too soft of a tire on the vehicle." I mean how is that my fault? I feel ripped off :(.

Anyone have experience with this?

I am very very seriously considering getting rid of this car... *sorry have to rant*

Bridgestone? What model tire? What year is your car? I have an 07 AWD with Goodyear tires. What is funny when I picked up the car they gave me a book for bridgestones but they couldn't figure out why there was goodyear tires on the car. Silly Mazda. Making great cars and providing terrible service.

There was another posting I replied to because there was actually something wrong with the suspension (which was under warranty) and they didn't want to replace the tires. Im at 53,000 KM which is about 33 thousand miles. I have this summer season forsure and maybe even another month next season as well with them. ( I have a set of winters) Are you using them all season or switching them over?

Ok so i just finished sending the message and noticed your in Florida, so your clearly not switching them over for the winter

haha yah, they stay on there year round. Its a 2008 with bridgestone potenzas. I think 235 60 18 not sure.

Bridgestone has me going to their service center for the manager to look at them... well see what they will do.

LOL...I still got the tires on our 07 with over 33k miles. Came with the Goodyear Eagle RSA...and they are LOUD!(help) They are getting replaced before our trip to Florida though.

i have the same problem with he Bridgestones the only thing is my cx-7 has only 12000 miles and all 4 tires are worn but its not like the alignment is not good the tires are just s**t im not even gonna try with the dealers cuz i dont like those tires anyway prefer to buy new rims and tires.the tires will probably be Nitto 255/55/18 and i like the Azul speedmesh they are pretty cheap also

Why are you going 18"? Slap 20's on the bad boy. It will be a bit slower but she looks so much better, then drop the car about and inch, inch and a half and you are parking lot pimpin.

Well, I found out through bridgestone that those tires are only 20k mile rated. Oh well... mazda gave me a free tire rotation haha woopie! retribution!!

Hahahah i didnt even went to the dealer!haha and i dont want 20's too heavy and i prefer more clean look of the car but the inch drop is good idea i want to get the autoexe springs.

I havent checked who makes springs but I always trusted Eibach great company, great products, fair price. If your gonna go 18" go with a light alloy 3 piece wheel. Ebay has got some really nice rims up right now, prices vary heavily but there is an awsome selection, especially if you know what you are looking for. Good luck with the rims, and post pics when you are done.

Who Autoexe or Eibach? I was on protoge.com and didn't see any springs on that site but I have seen alot of cx-7 pics on this site and cardomain where people lowered it. Check around and see what they put on. Let me know

aside from that free rotation that mazda gave at the 13,500 miles mark, had you rotated them before that? Tire rotation habits, air pressure, and driving habits can make or break your tire life. Judging by you saying the fronts are worn, I am going to peg a large part of the early wear on driving habits and lack of tire rotation. just my .02

Who Autoexe or Eibach? I was on protoge.com and didn't see any springs on that site but I have seen alot of cx-7 pics on this site and cardomain where people lowered it. Check around and see what they put on. Let me know

Autoexe has everything for the cx-7 eibach dont make springs for it.Check ***************

What do you have the pressure set at? I have mine set to 35psi all around, I've rotated once, I'm at 25k miles and have no signs of treadwear. I'm sure if I drove the car it would be different but its my wife's car and she drives it 98% of the time. The tires look like they could to another 25k miles easy.

What do you have the pressure set at? I have mine set to 35psi all around, I've rotated once, I'm at 25k miles and have no signs of treadwear. I'm sure if I drove the car it would be different but its my wife's car and she drives it 98% of the time. The tires look like they could to another 25k miles easy.

Are you with the bridgestone ot goodyear?Because bridgestone is crap and from what ive heard about the goodyear they are nether bad or good.One is for sure - they are better than bridgestone

Autoexe has everything for the cx-7 eibach dont make springs for it.Check ***************

I guess they blocked the site but at least now I know who made it. You getting springs, or a who suspension system? I have the goodyear tires that you mentioned above they are not bad, the tread life is decent (if I didn't have winters they would be destroyed). The real annoying thing about these tires is they are loud and sensitive tires. Sensitive like when you are driving on a bit of uneven road you can hear and feel it alot, I hear the bridgestones are even worse for that.

I can only imagine how bad they are. I had a pair of firestones on my first jeep and they were terrible. Personally I love Toyo tires they make a great product at a half decent price

This is rediculous... 13500 miles and my fronts are bald. My dealership says they wont do anything and Mazda says they wont do anything and I assume there is nothing that Bridgestone will do.

"They put too soft of a tire on the vehicle." I mean how is that my fault? I feel ripped off :(.

Anyone have experience with this?

I am very very seriously considering getting rid of this car... *sorry have to rant*

I just replaced mine after 15000 miles. The tires are crap.I replaced them with a GOODYEAR --EAGLE--TOURING, 50,0000 mile warranty. They seem to be very nice tires,only time will tell. Good luck.

Latest posts

Back