Anyone with HID conversions?

gmck

:
Black Mica 02 P5
Does anyone have HID lights installed into their P5? Can you post some pics of ballast mounts etc.

Just look for a kit sold on eBay 9003 here's a pic of min.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1413579412657.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1413579412657.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 770
How's quality on these ebay/overseas kits? I can recall a few friends who got aftermarket HID kits and I remember hearing bulbs burning out and ballasts going bad all the time which can be more trouble than it's worth.

Please have in mind that you're beam will be all over the place because of glare. And that same glare will blind oncoming traffic to the point they will hate you and your bad plug and play kit. If you want HID the right way you need to start doing some research into projector retrofitting. take a look here www.hidplanet.com

Well I could get HIDs for around $150 or spend over $400 for a full conversion kit. While the projectors look much better, Id rather save the extra money.

Shoot DDM HIDs are $40 a set and mine have lasted 3 years now.
+2, had the DDMs in the low beams for close to 5 years without issue but just went back to Philips Extremevision in low beams and high beams (P5 seperate) Gonna use the HIDs in the fogs with 3000k bulbs. Converting them now.

Does anyone have HID lights installed into their P5? Can you post some pics of ballast mounts etc.
Here's a coupla old pics of my mounting spots and I suggest getting the battery harness. Worth the piece of mind IMO.

HIDs_02.JPG

HIDs_04.JPG

I got some $20 halogens I added on, they are really bright, I don't really car how long they last considering they were so cheap.

Do you have a link to show installation? I just got mine and am looking for some sort of instruction. Never installed these before.

They are pretty straight-forward and DIY.
HID-Lamp-Wiring-Diagram.jpg

Connect the red and black marked spade connectors to the stock plug in and plug the ballast in and its as easy as that.

A word of caution though, if you did not buy a relay harness I HIGHLY recommend it, as my HID's worked fine until one day my car stalled and it somehow caused a surge and fried a part of my headlight switch so I had to get a new stalk entirely. For some they dont need a harness, and others blow them out like Fourth of July fireworks, so its your choice but id do it for the peace of mind

for the love of God do not put hids in a normal headlight. I want to smack people that do that. I got out of my car one night because some dickhead in a lifted truck road my ass with them

Stay away from ebay. Half the time they don't work and when they do only one works

seems like you'd want people to buy the bad ebay ones so they'd never have more than one to "blind" you with and then they'd give up on them not working and go back to halogens. also funny how there are many more ill pointed halogens and factory hid s*** with their annoying ass twinkling cutoffs like they are constantly toggling from lo to high beams. then you have asswipes who just drive with their brights on all the time. Lots of stops to make for the light police. A calous and tint on your rear window works wonders along with polarized side mirrors and auto dimming rear view mirrors. There are also different lanes to drive in and you can always adjust your speed one way or another where it is no more than a momentary annoyance. There are ways of coping other than road rage.

Yes but coming straight on bright ass blue lights blind you more than regular high beams.

Why should I have to tint my windows because some douche in a truck thinks it's cool? That's like saying I should be more patient so someone in a hellaflush car can take 20 minutes to get over a speed bump

I'm just saying it isn't worth the trouble to try and educate or **** with every car on the road you feel has annoying lights. people are stupid and it'll not end well for anybody. blind them with your own brights until you pass and bust a move and drop them in traffic if they are behind you where someone else can deal with it. i refuse to drive all boxed in groups for any reason at any time of day and will be passing most traffic on the road or letting them pass so it just isn't that big a deal to me even tho i drive in dark to and from work most days. maybe tinting the window is for your own other reasons, blocking douches lights is just a side benefit. i like how it blocks the plastic panel destroying uv rays and helps my ac do better job, blocking some of the douche light levels is a bonus. just pickin my battles on the road. much more concerned with movement vs lighting, i want douches to just ******* pay attention and go or get the **** out the way or just sit there and watch me go by. 1 car cannot block all the lanes,lol......have fun widdit is how i cope. people get pissed when you are not held hostage to their driving habits and when you are amused and unaffected by their intestinal viewing habits. laugh at them. they get mad and sad instead of you. that's how I win.

Last edited:
Back