anyone who was looking into a COBB SRI

jlocurto

:
2008.5 Black Mica Mazdaspeed3 Grand Touring 7/15/08
i just went to order myself a cobb sri and forge bpv from s t r e e t u n i t knowing that the SRI was on backorder..but i thought it was only for a few weeks (three tops) i got an email from the "Marketing & Event Coordinator" that said this:

"Joseph,

Your Forge BPV will ship right away.

However, the Cobb Short Ram Intake is currently on worldwide backorder and will be for sometime to come. Cobb has indicated a part shortage and is telling us around 8 weeks before they will be shipping them again. Are you OK to wait for the product to be back in production/stock?

(sad1)

We do have another option from HKS which is very similar it is a short ram intake with a design almost the same. If you are interested in details let me know. Thank you."

and the HKS is about $280 compared to the COBB at $175

just figured i'd let everyone know in case they didnt know the time spand of the backorder

I wondered about getting the HKS suction when my Cobb went backorder and I'm sure is a great quality product. I waited about 6 weeks for mine, which wasn't as bad as how long others are waiting. If you are itching to mod, I say get the HKS and make sure you let us know how it is :D

well i have less than 1,500 miles on my car so i guess waiting might be a good idea lol

Well I believe this was all sparked by quality control issues with their MAF mount (molding problem with the fins not being straight). I got mine a few months ago and it has a slight problem with the fins being curved instead of straight in there, but I don't notice any drivability issues, so I kept it. Then of course we've seen some isolated issues with the battery box mount breaking from too much motor movement.

i perfer INJEN, the best gain and cooler air, plus its cheaper than HKS......u get the deal...!!

Well I believe this was all sparked by quality control issues with their MAF mount (molding problem with the fins not being straight). I got mine a few months ago and it has a slight problem with the fins being curved instead of straight in there, but I don't notice any drivability issues, so I kept it. Then of course we've seen some isolated issues with the battery box mount breaking from too much motor movement.

Did a quick search and didn't find posts on this issue. Any details? I just ordered and am not too worried about it, but would like to know what the issue is.

Edit: N/M, just saw some pix on the other forum.

Last edited:
ive been running my injen cai with the mscai map on my cobb without problem, check the atp turbo intake it is a 3'' short ram, if your looking for the torque of a short ram. might buff out for you

is it me, or does the HKS include a sort of 'short ram intake tube' while the Cobb does not? it might not be helpful to have one of these, but SU sells it for an additional 80 which makes the Cobb only 20 cheaper than the HKS. not exactly hugely justifying, though.

is it me, or does the HKS include a sort of 'short ram intake tube' while the Cobb does not? it might not be helpful to have one of these, but SU sells it for an additional 80 which makes the Cobb only 20 cheaper than the HKS. not exactly hugely justifying, though.

They both replace the intake accordion tube. Some people don't want the Cobb blue tube and will replace it with another color from SU.

Latest posts

Back