Anyone Try This IPod Adapter Yet???

Yes I have had this one, Just to note you must have the standard audio in the CX-7 for it to work, a MD port on the bottom of the radio.

Sound quality is good, but it does have its bugs which are usually solved by turning the radio off/on But I found it was from a loose connection, Also on the note of the connection, alone it is very loose, so you will need to glue, or tape in place, IT is better than the other options because you get aux and text etc with that whole set up, and the seller is pretty great too.

Good to now that I would need the standard audio... won't do much for me with the tech package then. Oh well

I spoke with one of the guys at therpmstore.com and according to him this unit works in the CX-7 with factory navigation. He said they hadn't tested it, but they were told by customers that it had worked. I'm going to order it and try it out. If it doesn't work then they promised to refund it.

Also, that e-bay add says it works with the factory NAV.

I'm hopeful.

well the E-bay ad also states that its BOSE compatible which is a lie, because I looked at the bottom of a BOSE H/U and it just has tape hiding the port, which isn't there. So take it with a grain of salt, but YES if the NAV has the port lots here would be happy!

I spoke with one of the guys at therpmstore.com and according to him this unit works in the CX-7 with factory navigation. He said they hadn't tested it, but they were told by customers that it had worked. I'm going to order it and try it out. If it doesn't work then they promised to refund it.

Also, that e-bay add says it works with the factory NAV.

I'm hopeful.

Definitely let me know if this works...I'm definitely buying it if it does!

Does the FM modulator provide CD-quality audio, or just FM-quality?
Does the audio link product that goes through the MD port provide CD-quality?

The Axxess module does not work in the CX-7 with NAV. I'm not sure about the other stereos in the CX-7.

(cryhard)

I just picked this ting up for the text capability... how in the hell do you keep it from falling out of the connector? lol

Thats gotta be the crappiest connector I've ever seen.

I don't know if I have any super glue. May have to do a super tape job.

There should be a small metal plate that came with your kit. It should be in a plastic bag along with two machine screws. This plate is used to secure the connector to your head unit.

Instructions from e-bay;

"Step 3: After you have identified the factory MD plug from the bottom of your radio you will need to connect the mating plug from the Mazda harness (included, pictured below). This harness has circuit board with a metal connector that plugs into the MD input on the bottom of your stereo. To hold the board in place you will need to attach the brace (included) with the 2 phillips head screws. Without this the board might fall out, this will hold it in place. The screws will go into the factory holes underneath your stereo. Just so you know, you wont have to create holes or anything. MAKE SURE THIS BOARD IS SECURELY PLACED!! If it is loose at all, put a filler in between the board and the brace. I have seen one or two radios that have a few milimeters of room for the board to fall out, if this happens just use a peice of velcro to hold the board securely in place. Put the velcro (just the right thickness) on the brace to hold the board in tighter when you screw it down. This is a pretty simple install and if you have any questions please e-mail us at sales@integrationsolutions.net "

Okay, just contact them. I am sure they can send you the brace ASAP.

I have had this unit for a few months now, no issues or problems. Works great, displays the song text as shown on e-bay.:)

Back