Anyone snowboard?

Nutari

Contributor
:
2010 Mazdaspeed3
A friend of mine got me into it. I love it so far. I just need to learn how to turn properly. I always face my toes away from the mountain. He calls it the "leaf"

I'm the one in the back that totally eats s*** at the end.

DSC03754.jpg

DSC03755.jpg

DSCN0165.jpg

Moving to Colorado this summer and "snowboards" are part of the moving budget, haha. My friend's family owns a house in the mountains and we're going to be "caretakers" on the weekends since they live down south....can't wait!

I got into it when I was stationed in Alaska. Loved it!!! If you can pick up the right techniques, its not that hard to pick it up quick. Unfortunately for me, I got too cocky too fast and decided I could do tricks, when my skill level wasn't quite there yet, and became the first person to go down the mountain on a stretcher that year! (2thumbs) Haha

Snowboarding is kick ass! I live in SLC, UT. for more than 2 yrs, I loved it!

To turn you gotta swing out the tail of the board ;)

I live in Vermont, of course I snowboard. I only got on the mountain once last season though, but that was the first time in eight years and I had a blast! I plan on going a lot more this winter.

love it, live it. ive been boardin for 6 years. and cant get enough of it. go up every weekend during the season. and make a yearly trip to Whistler. hopefully i can make the winter Olympics this year!!

just got up to colorado springs and I'm on the hunt for a snowboard since it's the off season and sales are awesome. Thoughts on what I should look for? Brands? Etc.? I'm going to be doing mostly all around, not much park and not intense fresh powder, just hitting the slopes

well ide recommend staying away from Burton. its one of those brands EVERYONE buys. its over rated. My first board was a k2. great all-mountain board. and im now on an Atomic. Really quality board. 200$ for an 08 last year. love it its got alot of pop for an all mountain.

I live in FL but I go boarding 2X a year (xmas / spring) for about 9 years now. Last springs trip got cut short for me because I dislocated my shoulder in a big air competition. Can't wait for xmas.

bought a 154 Ride Antic for $150....huge discount off the $400 MSRP, hooray for the off season. I also picked up a 154 Burton Lux for my fiance that she doesn't know about. I'm picking up a Nikon D90 soon and figured if I bought a camera and board I better pick something up for her if I wanted to stay out of the dog house. =)

Back