Anyone near Atlanta interested in this:

Boston5761

:
03' Familia
I have the skunk2 coilovers on my P5, but i have purchased the tein s-techs instead an plan on swapping them, i was wondering if anyone knew how to do this an if they would be interested in helping me install my teins in exchange for the coilovers, i was going to just sell them but this idea came to me at work an just thought i would put it out there an see if anyone is interested.

Thanks,
Justin

so basically help me install tein lowering springs, i give you the coilovers, they have been on my car for 2 months.

I'll help you, I installed coil-overs,shocks,springs etc etc on Honda's before, can't really be any different.
PM also Sent

I'm willing to give you a hand. Unfortunately with the GRM racer build, it would have to wait until the 2nd weekend in april. Let me know if you're interested. It could complete the swap in roughly 2 hours.

Last edited:
I wanna do it I wanna do it
I was first :p lol

kcbhiw, whats GRM build? just sounds cool, can I come help with that :)
I have all this free time and no one to help :( lol

ZeroAccess said:
I wanna do it I wanna do it
I was first :p lol

kcbhiw, whats GRM build? just sounds cool, can I come help with that :)
I have all this free time and no one to help :( lol

This is the GRM build http://www.msprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84468 .

I hope the working components, engine, fuel, timing, suspension, etc. will be completed before this weekend as I have an autocross that I plan to use to test the car. The lastes pictures in that thread are a bit out of date, but they're close enough.

responded in that thread so not to make a lot of clutter in this thread..which I already did ....
Free Bump :)
Boston ya still need help give me a call, four zero four -446.688seven

sounds good, let me look at my scheldule at work an ill check back with you to see if your availiable that day

how long should it take 4 hours or so, an hour a corner?

yea, tops I'd think

I did my last honda in like 3 hrs but I was drinking a lot...so hopefully it'd be a lot less
:)

I won't drink this time...least not a lot lol

Boston5761 said:
sounds good, let me look at my scheldule at work an ill check back with you to see if your availiable that day

how long should it take 4 hours or so, an hour a corner?

Along those lines. 30-45 mins a corner. The Protege suspenion is quite easy to install. The most time consuming part is compressing the springs to allow the spring to be removed from the strut.

you dont need to compress the teins i have them on my car. also if you get a swivel socket adaptor you shouldnt have o take the rear plastic off in the hatch to get to the nuts on the top of the rear strut towers

mp5smuggler said:
you dont need to compress the teins i have them on my car. also if you get a swivel socket adaptor you shouldnt have o take the rear plastic off in the hatch to get to the nuts on the top of the rear strut towers

Doh! I forgot he doesn't have stocks springs. That's said, the install should be even quicker.

Back