anyone knows why my starter gets hot!!

boostoli

:
2003.5 mazdaspeed protege
hello i have a 2003 msp i swap another msp motor into it . but some reason my car wont start and everytime it cranks my starter gets hot and smokes and the car wont start completely all the grounds are in the right place just gettin so irritated already that i want to give up, plz help

is it an msp starter? (i have no clue if their diff from reg proteges) but if it is different it more then likely is geared differently thus making the starter spin alot more to move the flywheel as apposed to something that has the correct gearing. idk thats all i can think of, and if it had a bad relay it wouldnt work (that is if it even has one)

try hand crank the engine and if it moves, then its bad starter,

if u cant crank ur engine by hand, then something in ur engine is dead)

it is a msp starter. but it wrked before the motor broke down back in december. i was gonna take it to the dealer its a bit pricey

if its a good starter getting smoking hot, then it might sounds like starter getting overloaded?

either the teeth of starter and engine crank pully thingy are not biting in the proper position?

or engine are not sitting properly?

or something in the engine are bad, creating big friction that wont let starter move it.

idk i just made a guess. its best if you could let a experienced mechanic to take a look of it.

if its a good starter getting smoking hot, then it might sounds like starter getting overloaded?

either the teeth of starter and engine crank pully thingy are not biting in the proper position?

or engine are not sitting properly?

or something in the engine are bad, creating big friction that wont let starter move it.

idk i just made a guess. its best if you could let a experienced mechanic to take a look of it.

i figured it out. first my starter was not good. second was that the plugs to the coils pack were backwards the car turns on and it runs great. thanks btw

Back