Anyone know what these are for?

whats funny is that the way those are setup on your bumper, the horns will not work at all

What I don't get is why they didn't put them on in a more discreet way, i.e. under the front bumper lip or something.

Those things are a joke, I've never heard of them actually working directly from someone who has them. I've driven enough country roads to have found out what keeps them at bay... BASS. I just turn my stereo up a bit and they don't bother me.

^ for a second I thought you were talking about the fish, I was thinking small or large mouthed...

holy crap, i could of used those an hour ago. i was driving this twisty back road and i had just finished and was coming back on to the main road when a dear ran out in front of me. i hit my brakes and missed it by a foot. it got me a little scared (boom07) but now in know how great the p5's brakes are.

Robot Romeo said:
holy crap, i could of used those an hour ago. i was driving this twisty back road and i had just finished and was coming back on to the main road when a dear ran out in front of me. i hit my brakes and missed it by a foot. it got me a little scared (boom07) but now in know how great the p5's brakes are.

You see, if you had these things on your car, the deer wouldve heard you coming, cuz he probaly would have thought...."hey whats that noise...ahh must be a mp5 with some deer horns!" i better watch out!! (2thumbs)

heh. When I see deer, I just hit the horn and keep honking till I'm past them. They usually get scared enough to run. But then again, I don't have a wimpy Mazda horn either lol.

that's what I do, even tho I do have a wimpy mazda horn...and yes, the P5 brakes rock! Try putting some EBC Greenstuff pads on there if u really want some bite!

Actually, the little horns dont scare deer at all. (I previously lived in a rural area, and almost everyone had those things on their car) Absolutely every single person I know from back home has hit at least one deer, its pretty common.

Anyway, they arent allowed to scare deer, because it would scare all kinds of animals like dogs, horses, cows, etc. The idea is that they are supposed to emit a high pitched screech that makes them look up and pay attention. In theory, this will make them look at your car, and stand there looking at it until you drive away. This is opposed to them merrily running along their way, which will just happen to intersect with the hood of your car in the middle of the road.

Just that random bit of useless knowledge for everyone else to know.

ya i guess honking my horn would of been the smart thing to do, but at the moment all i was thinking was "i'm going to ruin my bumper!".

Back