Anyone installed Pre-Turbo EGT Gauge?

desperado-c

:
Mazdaspeed3
If anyone has done this, I think it would be interesting to find out what the temps for different mods are: intake alone, intake & DP/cat-delete, DP/cat-delete alone.

I have a crazy theory that the MS-CAI was pulled b/c intake alone was raising temps too much due to the restrictive stock DP. But, I note that the MS-CAI has been discontinued on both the MS3 and MS6 so maybe there's a problem with the restriction inherent in having a small turbo. If so, even with an aftermarket DP, it seems possible to me that the turbo is restrictive enough to raise temps by itself with a free-flowing intake. I won't be convinced otherwise until I see some pre-turbo EGT's.

In any case I'm back to stock on the intake. Kinda nice to listen to the engine unaccompanied by the intake suction noise, although I do miss the cathartic blowoff sound. Maybe I can make up for the loss with an aftermarket DP.

I have done this install, my only problem is that my gauge was defective. I've been broke so I have not orderded a new one.

IMO pre turbo is where the EGT probe should always GO.

i have no idea what the MS# does, but my other car runs 900* at idle , 1400cruise and 1700ish until WOT. Needless to say it Gets WARM.

Back