Anyone installed a Spoiler on a 2012+ Sport?

88Jeep

:
2013 Mazda5 Sport
I purchased a painted rear spoiler from thespoilerstore on eBay on 12/22, received a shipping notification on 12/23, and it appears to be ready for me on my doorstep today (12/26), which is particularly impressive considering the holiday.

I've searched this site, and haven't found any information on installing a spoiler. I'm guessing I'll receive some generic instructions from the seller.

So, has anyone around here installed a spoiler, and if so, can you let me know what was involved? Guessing I'll probably have to remove some of the interior hatch plastic, at a minimum. I think Vasy's rear view camera installation video shows how to do this, and I should probably pick up some trim removal tools first from Harbor Freight:

http://www.harborfreight.com/5-piece-auto-trim-and-molding-tool-set-67021.html

I'll let everyone know about the quality of the spoiler, and I'll maybe post some installation pics since I can't seem to find any.

Thanks!

Done!

This took less than an hour, and probably would have been even quicker if I didn't keep second guessing the exact placement of the spoiler.

Here is a before pic:

And an after pic (drove to the gas station to get a better look at the color match):

I'm very pleased with the fit of the spoiler and the quality of the paint. Well worth $119, and an easy way to make a Sport look like a Touring.

I'd be happy to post more pics of the install if anyone is interested.

Last edited:
Thanks! Yes, shipping was included. That is unfortunate about the earlier models.

I've got a quiet and cold Sunday morning, so I'll write a spoiler install post in the 'how-to' section.

Thanks for the heads up on this, 88Jeep. Looking forward to the writeup. This is definitely on my "eventually" list of things I plan to do.

How is the color match in bright sunlight? Sunlight allows you to see things you can't see in artificial lighting

Thanks! Yes, shipping was included. That is unfortunate about the earlier models.

I've got a quiet and cold Sunday morning, so I'll write a spoiler install post in the 'how-to' section.

Excellent. Looking forward to it!

Another pic

Thanks for the heads up on this, 88Jeep. Looking forward to the writeup. This is definitely on my "eventually" list of things I plan to do.

How is the color match in bright sunlight? Sunlight allows you to see things you can't see in artificial lighting

The color match is excellent. Here is a better pic.

Latest posts

Back