Anyone heard of Maxxis Tires

Well, its time for my 3rd set of tires (yikes) and I was wondering if anyone has heard of Maxxis tires or even better has anyone installed a set. They have a new UHP called the Maxxis MA-S2 in size 255/55. It has a load/speed rating of 105V and a treadwear rating of 360AA. They are much cheaper than than the Eagle F1's I just burned through in 12 months but if I am going to be replacing tires every 12 months I thought I might try a cheaper set.

255 55 18 is not a touring size, dont expect any tire to wear very good.
v rated tires are not going to last more than 20K miles on average regardless of brand...

If you dont care about wet traction and other important safety/comfort features then go with a hankook or a kumho as they are the best in the inexpensive segment

Maxxis is well respected in all terrain and mud, not HP/UHP segment

I have a set of Cooper Zeon XST 255/55/18 and they work very well i found them, and by the way i do live in Northern Alberta so we do get a lot of snow and all that winter and fall BS. For a small difference dont sacrifice and buy the better tires.

I bought their extreme winter 225s for my MS3. They happen to be the best winter tire I have ever owned, heck they has a 300kmph speed rating! I am not sure about the rest of their line, but they are really well known for off-road applications, but as MrPirelliCX7 mentioned, they are not well known and most of their new line does not have a huge following yet, so it is always a risk.

Maxxis is a Taiwanese brand that started in bicycle tires. The mother company is called Cheng Shin. In the last 5 or so years they re-branded their tires as Maxxis in the US market and branched into auto tires.

Back