Anyone have an old stock muffler sitting around?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tokstad

:
Protege 5 2003
I bought a muffler and wanted to make a custom catback but it's a straight through muffler so I am not really wanting to cut off the original muffler incase I need to go back to stock (too loud).

Does any fellow P5 owner have a spare stock axle back that's just sitting around taking space?

I would really really appreciate it if someone could hack off the muffler as I don't need this part and ship me pipe from where it was cut off the muffler to the flange that connects to the midpipe?

Sending the whole muffler would be too expensive in shipping.

Let me know your price, shipped to 97006. I can make up the flange and piping but itd save me some time if someone could help me out.

Thanks,
Tim

Last edited:
i have one if you wanna check it out. im in the LA area. i didnt go with a full catback on my exhaust so the stock is like sliced off.

I have one, in Connecticut

Attachments

• DSC00363.JPG
    DSC00363.JPG
    255 KB · Views: 104
  • DSC00365.JPG
    DSC00365.JPG
    259.8 KB · Views: 111
  • DSC00364.JPG
    DSC00364.JPG
    207.2 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
Can you guys let me know what you would wnat to get it shipped (just the flange and pipe) to 97006. I'll paypal the most reasonable price. I'll need your paypal address too.

Thanks,
Tim

tokstad said:
Can you guys let me know what you would wnat to get it shipped (just the flange and pipe) to 97006. I'll paypal the most reasonable price. I'll need your paypal address too.

Thanks,
Tim

as you can see from the pics i've gotta cut it first. I checked usps for shipping and I figure that it will only weigh a couple of lbs. so it would only be about 10.00 for shipping

Your spot on. 3lbs via USPS 2 day priority from CT is 9 bucks. Don't know how much that piece weights though ;)

hyperboarder is yours less rusty, I'm concerned about being able to seperate the flanges on ronin's they look a little "fused"

tokstad said:
hyperboarder is yours less rusty, I'm concerned about being able to seperate the flanges on ronin's they look a little "fused"

here are a few more, when I originally did the exhaust it was at night and cold, the nuts started to round out so I grabbed the hack saw and went to work. I know that it rusty but if you have a steel brush for the drill it will clean up easy. I would offer to cut the bolts off and the unneeded flange but I broke my hack saw blade cutting the pipe from the muffler

Attachments

• DSC00366.JPG
    DSC00366.JPG
    224.8 KB · Views: 96
  • DSC00367.JPG
    DSC00367.JPG
    247.3 KB · Views: 97
  • DSC00368.JPG
    DSC00368.JPG
    266.7 KB · Views: 97
ronin12 said:
here are a few more, when I originally did the exhaust it was at night and cold, the nuts started to round out so I grabbed the hack saw and went to work. I know that it rusty but if you have a steel brush for the drill it will clean up easy. I would offer to cut the bolts off and the unneeded flange but I broke my hack saw blade cutting the pipe from the muffler

You already cut off the muffler... Dang you're quick. What do you need me to paypal you for it? Better include at least a buck for a new hacksaw blade ;)

I can paypal it soon so that hopefully you can get it in the mail.

Thanks so much,
Tim

Last edited:
Any have any tips for getting off those rusty bolts? I am trying to get my stock axleback off right now. I soaked it in this rust brake away stuff and its still not budging

tokstad said:
I bought a muffler and wanted to make a custom catback but it's a straight through muffler so I am not really wanting to cut off the original muffler incase I need to go back to stock (too loud).

Does any fellow P5 owner have a spare stock axle back that's just sitting around taking space?

I would really really appreciate it if someone could hack off the muffler as I don't need this part and ship me pipe from where it was cut off the muffler to the flange that connects to the midpipe?

Sending the whole muffler would be too expensive in shipping.

Let me know your price, shipped to 97006. I can make up the flange and piping but itd save me some time if someone could help me out.

Thanks,
Tim

if you just looking for the muffler and nothing else i have 1 sitting in my garage all cleaned and shiney up no bolts or gaskets and its just the muffler

If anyone needs a stock P5 axleback. I have one for sale in the "Dans garage/house sale" thread. PM me or check out the thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back