Anyone had the software update for low pwr under 2000rpm

CX7nCali said:
my MPG actually got worse

i'm lucky to get 300 miles out of a tank, that's if I take it easy

Interesting... do you know how much worse?

I was listening to the car shift today and it's definitely different since the update. It seems to be reving up to higher RPMs before shifting than before the update, which might explain some efficiency loss... ?

Hmmmm

Haven't driven enough to guage economy since the flash, but it definitely addresses the low RPM soft spot. I also feel like it holds 1st and 2nd a little more agressively. It might also advance the timing right off idle to give more power. Glad I use 93 octane. We'll start measuring econ on next fill-up. I recommend this flash if you feel like you're lacking power off-idle.

I had the update done today and yes, you will feel the difference. The hesitation is gone. the one thing I did notice is that when i was cruising down the Interstate and was gunning at 80mph, I'm still on the 5th gear and tach is playing along 2500-3500 rpm. Only when I went past beyond 3500 rpm that it upshift to 6th gear. Not sure if that's a good thing but the shifting and acceleration is much smoother....no turbo lag and no hesitation.

Hmm.. Just wondering this new update will actually give have a higher consumption. I also having the problem of achieving high gear, most of the time 4th on city and 5th on highway before going to 6th.

A little city driving/a lot of highway the CX7 got 340 miles on the tank. Figured it out to be 22 MPG. This is after the update.

Also speedo is a little off....got it to the 120 mark on some open road.

I guess I am spoiled with driving manual tranny all my life but I was hoping for a bigger improvement from the PCM flash. Drives me crazy waiting for the auto trans to put itself back into gear or downshift when I hit accelerator. It is better now, I guess, but seems like maybe a slight improvement to a big problem. I'm going to have to play around with the manumatic shifting again to see if it is less active with putting in clutch/neutral now.

I did get a sticker on my doorframe, above the tire-pressure sticker.

So what is the concensus on potential MPG hit with this update? Is there one?

I just had my software updated today - a noticable difference in the smoothness of the shifting between 1 and 2. I will watch the mileage. I also had them replace the seals on the bottom of the doors under the service bulletin. No more slush up the inside of the doors and the noise level has gone down dramatically. It is almost like having a totally different vehicle.

pipsthedog said:
I just had my software updated today - a noticable difference in the smoothness of the shifting between 1 and 2. I will watch the mileage. I also had them replace the seals on the bottom of the doors under the service bulletin. No more slush up the inside of the doors and the noise level has gone down dramatically. It is almost like having a totally different vehicle.

When did the service bulletin for the door seals come out? I haven't heard anything about this one.

Gray Ghost said:
I can't stand all the dirt getting in under the car doors. I will get that fixed with my next oil change.

Talk to them first as they may not have the parts on hand. I am still waiting for mine on back order. It's been several weeks now, which is irritating when I allow myself to think about it.

Back