Anyone Hack the sattellite port?

Zero Cool

Has anyone done any research on hacking the sattelitte port? I want to be able to plug a XM radio into the aux port and hit SAT on my radio for the XM audio.

Zc

Zero Cool said:
Has anyone done any research on hacking the sattelitte port? I want to be able to plug a XM radio into the aux port and hit SAT on my radio for the XM audio.

Zc

You could allways get a Auxmod for $60 and use the Tape/MD port for your Ipox/MP3 player....

Zero Cool said:

Zc

Check here

To shorten that for you though, the only methods (non-ipod) that use the SAT port are the PIE, and the Audiolink. The PIE will give you either RCA inputs, or 3.5mm depending on which connector you buy, and the audiolink will give you a 3.5mm jack plus either a USB plug, or a ipod dock connector. The only other methods available that plug into that port are ipod specific.

If you want to use the SAT button, then for your purposes I'd go with the PIE as you'll get either RCA or 3.5 (depending on which you need), and it's a lot cheaper than the audiolink. Or like TGM3 said you could ge the Aux Mod basic cheaper and just hit the TAPE/MD button instead. The auxmod is 3.5mm only.

Last edited:
yesy, yes yes yes, thank you i am aware of all of those. I currently have the auxmod myself. BUT, there have been those on here that have doen some indepth study of the Cassette port inside the radio and various radio protocols so i was curious if anyone has done any advanced research into the aux port, its communication protocol and command structure etc.

I am currently researching the possibitlity of an external sort of box similar to an Auxmod that would allow 2 devices to be plugged into the aux port at the same time and be able to select between them. for example a Sirus or XM and a phatbox or cd changer etc.....

Will let you know if it becomes a reality.

Zc

that site has a device you can plug two items into (two auxililarys or one auxiliary + cd changer, product name: peripherals mazasx mazda cd changer interface/auxiliary input, product id: mazasx) is this something like you are talking about.

Thanks, i am aware of all currently available devices. I am working on a device that would allow multiple 16 pin type devices to be connected all at once. External CD changer, Phatbox, iPod(with adapter), Siruis etc all at the same time and be able to select between them all will full steering wheel control etc.

Zc

Zero Cool said:
Thanks, i am aware of all currently available devices. I am working on a device that would allow multiple 16 pin type devices to be connected all at once. External CD changer, Phatbox, iPod(with adapter), Siruis etc all at the same time and be able to select between them all will full steering wheel control etc.

Zc

Gotcha ZC. That would be awesome, and being able to do that would probably be really attractive to people that get the 2007 that comes with the regular audio input. Your way gives them the chance to add multiple things. Good idea.

is the satellite port the little port under the steering wheel on the left? and you can buy an adapter to plug in and use your ipod since most of our cars dont have any ipod integration until 07

silla3 you got a nice hatch. i got a sunlight silver on a sedan. get some night pics. our color looks so cool when its dimmly lit at night.

mike son said:
is the satellite port the little port under the steering wheel on the left? and you can buy an adapter to plug in and use your ipod since most of our cars dont have any ipod integration until 07

Ummmmm, the little port under and to the left of the steering wheel (in the little cubby) is the OBD II jack for plugging into the computer and checking engine codes.

The satellite port is the port on the back of the HU. Various things plug into it including the OEM sirius, phatbox, CD changer (external), audiolink, DICE, etc.

From what I've read you get the option of:

satellite input, aux input, or MP3 kit input..

Why?

becuase the HU only supports one extra input. You can get the splitters off ebay but IMO they aren't worth it becuase you lose the function of the display and controls on the HU. I think if you're going to get satellite you'd be better off spending more and getting the Dealer OEM satellite reciever so you can utilize the built in controls and display. Even with the 'mp3 kit' you don't get the display.. so I think it's kind of a waste.

Fuchs said:
From what I've read you get the option of:

satellite input, aux input, or MP3 kit input..

Why?

becuase the HU only supports one extra input. You can get the splitters off ebay but IMO they aren't worth it becuase you lose the function of the display and controls on the HU. I think if you're going to get satellite you'd be better off spending more and getting the Dealer OEM satellite reciever so you can utilize the built in controls and display. Even with the 'mp3 kit' you don't get the display.. so I think it's kind of a waste.

Or you can get the switch box and have the 3.5mm input, and one of the other options plugged in at the same time.

Back