Anyone experience exhaust clearance problem (vibration noise) with Curt hitch?

Any thought of changing to bigger/longer exhaust rubber hanger?
Well at this point it's looking like I've got it licked with the adjustments I've made. Don't know where I would find longer hangers. The other alternative would be to take a grinder to the hitch since the area in question serves no structural purpose.

You can go to autozone. I would assume truck's hangers would be bigger. Not significant but enough to provide clearance. Besides you dont want the tips hanging too low. It would be ugly.

I will go to autozone today and will let you know my finding. It looks like the stock hanger is about 2-3inches long. Also, i need to get a blue thread locker anyway.

I'm supposed to be getting the factory Mazda hitch but it's back ordered. If it's not here soon I'll ask the dealer to get a Curt and put it on. This info is good to know in case I go that route. Thanks for posting this.

Just finished installing my class III receiver. Boy that was heavy. I had a friend helping me out so it was pretty eventless.

I checked the clearance. It has about an inch or so. I drove through several not-so-steep ramps under heavy load. I purposely slow down in mid ramp (safely of course). Heard no vibration whatsoever. I think i can throw away the box now. :)

Just finished installing my class III receiver. Boy that was heavy. I had a friend helping me out so it was pretty eventless.

I checked the clearance. It has about an inch or so. I drove through several not-so-steep ramps under heavy load. I purposely slow down in mid ramp (safely of course). Heard no vibration whatsoever. I think i can throw away the box now. :)
If you've got an inch you''re probably OK.

Back