Anyone ever think of this for the P5?

different, i cant decide if it is dumb or a waste of $$?
but as said, it is original
so i give credit for him for that (or her)

seatown.P5 said:
Is that even a P5? The windows are all wrong, looks like a VW to me. Also the pic says vw-page.at. And I think its a photochop.
looks like a golf (prob euro spec - look at the plates) to me. I like it. kinda impractical, but ... cool for shows & stuff.

It's not a chop, and the car is a Passat wagon. With the front subframe and motor gone, and all the other stuff that is no longer needed, the trailer wouldn't be that heavy. I can't tell if the interior is intact or not, but if not, that would be a lot more weight gone. Also, consider he's probably either got a modded turbodiesel or VR6, which would have plenty of torque to tow a trailer with. I'm also thinking that the car and trailer must both be bagged, considering how low they are because unless he has a third wheel in the front of the trailer to keep the nose up, the slightest hump in the road would cause it to nose dive into the ground. If he was bagged, and had six inches of lift or so, he'd probably be alright as long as he was super careful.

Looks pretty sweet for a passat lover who has a big family (headbang)

maybe hook a PA system up or something (boom05)

I was wrong about the motor options, the current Passat (US Version) gets either a V6 or W8, but either of those could handle the trailer as well. This is not a US version though as it's very obvious he's in a different country (plates, signs, house in background), so they might have a turbodiesel option there.

Back