Anyone ever get compliments on their P5?

surprisingly i have had alot of complaments on my car and theres nothing really special done to the car everything is stock except for rims, lowered, tannabe exhaust and air intake.. nothing cosmetic. i have had my windows down and people parked at the light would ask me if i liked the car and that it looks nice. which really surprised me. iv pulled up into a pizza shop once and a guy asked me about the car and told he really liked it. i work at a tea and coffee bar called tropioca and iv had poeple come in and tell me that they liked my car. theres use to be a window sticker on my car that said "WE GOT BALLS" thats how they knew where to go hahaha but than again the window sticker might have aidded in the many complaments on my car hehe

I've gotten lots of compliments on my car, probably close to a dozen or so I can remember. Most from people I work with or know me personally, but a couple from strangers too.
Nothing as dramatic as people honking at me at stoplights or anything, but if I ever give people a lift or we're walking by my car, a compliment is almost SURE to follow, and if they appreciate cars at all, they usually ask what kind it is. Its funny too, because my car is almost completley stock aside from a few minor changes. But I try and keep her IMMACULATELY clean, washed and waxed like once a week, so the bright, spotless yellow draws alot of attention, and the awesome lines and styling complete the experience. ;)
To this day though, even from the more "well-versed" car people, no one knows what it is at first glance....the most common mistake is "Is that a Mazda3?".
I kinda like that our cars are more rare that you dont just see them all over the place.

Oh, and everyone thinks its fast, too. "I bet she's fast, huh?" is a common comment.
I just smile. ;)

misbehave said:
Yes, always get compliments on the Laser blue color.
I've also got this guy from Canada asked me about where I get the body kit for my P5.
Our P5 look modded stock.

My dad actually asked me if the car came with the body kit or if it was aftermarket. And he's a car guy. I do like how it looks modded even though its stock.

There was one time that I was at a stoplight next to a Dodge Ram 1500 (non-Hemi) with a friend, so I said to him "do you think I can take him?" He was like "yeah- you should be able to" and I was like "I dunno- a V8 vs. and inline 4. He's probably got 100 more HP than I do." So I did the stoplight drag race anyways, and the truck beat me by 2 lengths. We pulled up to the next light and I looked over and the 2 guys in the truck were just smiling. I rolled down my window to ask him if he had a Hemi, but before he rolled down his window the light turned green and he took off. :)

Last edited:
Oh man...talk about identity crisis issues?
People mistake it for the Lexus IS300 Sportcross or a Matrix....I'm like no...see the badge...but I guess having the modded flying M kinda throws it off a little bit.

The best is when some couple in another tuned/modded car pulls up on the right of me. I have a habit of just checking out my surroundings, so as I'm looking around or w/e I can see the gf stretching forward in her seat to take a peak...sure it's ego-tastic...then I get a thumbs up or a snicker from the guy...ha ha....love that!

I've had about 5 random people compliment

Family thinks the car's "ridiculous" or "nice"
Female Friends think it's "cute"
Male Friends think it's really fast (shows how much they know!)

I was stopped at a light one day after work. I had just put some black rev wheels on my white p5 and this black dude in a cadillac pulled up real slow next to me. From the corner of my eye I noticed that his window was rolling down. I looked over and he said "what kind of car is that"?
I said "its a Mazda Protege5". He then said "That car looks good" and gave me a nod. I felt pretty good for awhile.

And yeah, all the girls love the "cute" car!

I get lots of comments.. mostly on the rims.

"Ho brah, nice car"

"Nice rims"

"What kine car is dat?"

i get a compliment prolly twice a month from complete strangers... actually last week i pulled in to the gas station late at night and there was someone that pulled in just some regular sedan car dont even know what it was and as i was walkin into the store the guy stops me and is like " what kinda mazda is that?" i replied mazda protege5. and he said "o me and my girlfirend like the way that looks."
they were prolly 24ish or younger so yea it was good i was like thanks

yea, all my friends like the styling of my car, I try to keep it really clean (with it being black you have to keep it clean lol), I keep the interier tip top too alot of good comments on that. I remember first day i moved into college i was going back down stairs for another load of stuff, and this mom who was standing outside scoping out my car asks me "What kind of car is that" I say 03 mazda protege5 and she responds "Ive never seen that before, its really cute"..I just smiled and said "I love the hell out of this thing".

Strata said:
yea, all my friends like the styling of my car, I try to keep it really clean (with it being black you have to keep it clean lol), I keep the interier tip top too alot of good comments on that. ".

i have a neighbor who washes his fricking car like every other day he told he spend 200bucks a month on cleanning products and when i ask him why he said it was a black thing.LOL he has a black bemmer

Out in downtown San Diego I never get compliments... I guess there are too many Bentlys, Escalades & Chrystler 3hund0s on 25's w/ spinners rollin' around here for peeps to be noticin' my P5 ... but I don't give it 2nd thought really :p

I don't really care cause its my DD, but hey all my friends think its a nice looking ride for what it is. My talon is the pimp mobile.

forgot this one when i posted but i was at a car show in freeburg which is a small town outside of farview heights or ofallon. Anyways this guy that has a sentra comes up to me and starts looking at my car. hood up and all doors open and what not.. he starts looking around and he askes me what kinda body kit was on it and what brand sway bar i had, and then he got to the itneior.. he was like damn where did you get that custom sticted interior.. i was speechless that he didnt know anything about a p5... anyways he was all like (bowdown) to my car and what not.. saying that i was goign to sweep the class i was in and what not.. and then i get 2nd place and he got first.. sorta a slap in my face but he still was givin me hella comments on my car

Back