Anyone can help me install springs and short shifter? (for a Speed6)

ktan91

I don't know how to install anything..and if I do, I end up breaking something..

So, anyone willing to help someone out? willing to pay.. I live near McGinnis Ferry and Peachtree Industrial Intersection.. duluth/alpharetta/suwanee borders...

I haven't seen one MazdaSpeed6 on the roads... EVER! only one speed3 driving but I think it was someone test driving with a salesman..

I was thinking about installing springs and short shifter soon.. but after reading the instructions.. i was like... something's gonna break..

and maybe in the future help me install CAI, DP, and MotorMount.. then get mainstream perf or that other company to tune it! :D

thanks! oh..and what's a good tint % for the front windows? i was thinking 30% front and 20% the rest...

I don't know how to install anything..and if I do, I end up breaking something..

So, anyone willing to help someone out? willing to pay.. I live near McGinnis Ferry and Peachtree Industrial Intersection.. duluth/alpharetta/suwanee borders...

I haven't seen one MazdaSpeed6 on the roads... EVER! only one speed3 driving but I think it was someone test driving with a salesman..

I was thinking about installing springs and short shifter soon.. but after reading the instructions.. i was like... something's gonna break..

and maybe in the future help me install CAI, DP, and MotorMount.. then get mainstream perf or that other company to tune it! :D

thanks! oh..and what's a good tint % for the front windows? i was thinking 30% front and 20% the rest...

i work for world toyota up on p-tree ind and can do all those things for you very cheap. i wuld highly not recomend you try the springs if you dont know what you are doing.

and 32% tint is the legal limit so i would suggest sticking with that

I've done springs on my Mazdaspeed Protege before. It were fun times (let's just say that duct tape is now a minor, but important, part of my front suspension).

I've never done a short shifter, but from what I understand, it shouldn't be terribly difficult.

I've done a CAI on the MSP and a Mazda3. It's quite a fun install.

I've got a full socket set, a jack, two stands, and a couple of impact wrenches. Some weekend when the weather is nice, I wouldn't at all mind going to your place and helping out.

let me rephrase that.. you install it and i watch :D
hmm.. how much would very cheap for the springs be?
I think i can install the short shifter myself with the help of one of my friends..but the CAI i need help with later

the CAI on a speed3 is a major huge pain in the ass due to some of the sheilding it has i dont know about the speed 6 though. let me do a little research on springs install but if i do it at my shop should only be around $100-$150 depending on difficulty (we charge about 350-400 on TC's regular labor as an idea of how much a dealer would charge)

the CAI on a speed3 is a major huge pain in the ass due to some of the sheilding it has

That's what I meant by fun.

Like I said, I'm willing to help out with (or just plain-old do) anything. I'm not a shop, so I don't guarantee my work, but I do work for cheap. ymmv

looking into it i could get it done for $150 and could probably handle it for you one night during the week if you could get to my work by 4 or if you by some chance have an opportunity i have tomorrow free

let me rephrase that.. you install it and i watch :D
hmm.. how much would very cheap for the springs be?
I think i can install the short shifter myself with the help of one of my friends..but the CAI i need help with later

Seriously? Be a Mazda fan and at least help. My buddy Will, I go over to his house all the time because he has alot of know how and alot of tools. I never ask him to do my work FOR me though.

\

I can help hit me up.

I installed my sts for my speed3 myself and I'm a noob. If the speed6 is anything like the speed3 you really have nothing to worry about. Take your time and follow the instructions. Took me about 2 hours to install and this was the first thing I have done to my car myself.

Dude, your 6 looks nice in the pic? Call me an idiot for not knowing but are those lights stock?

About the short throw, can't be hard. My bro and I installed a short throw for a P5 into a 94 Protege (it was the Kart-Boy from Corksport) and it wasn't hard.

Dude, your 6 looks nice in the pic? Call me an idiot for not knowing but are those lights stock?

About the short throw, can't be hard. My bro and I installed a short throw for a P5 into a 94 Protege (it was the Kart-Boy from Corksport) and it wasn't hard.

the protege shifters are rod so the just pop in and out all you have to do is unbolt the rod from the bottom...the 3 and 6 are cable so everything is self contained within the car removing the clips and such from the cables makes its a little bit more difficult but both installs are fairly simple

You almost need 2 people just to keep all the retaining clips open so you can drop the shifter in. TWM included paperclips which hold everything open until it goes in. If you order your sts from TWM you won't be disappointed!

Thanx man. No I upgraded the STock HID headlights to 8k and converted the Fogs to HID 8k as well.

Back