Anyone actually using a manual boost controller

MS3Zoom24

:
2008.5 Mazdaspeed 3 Metro Grey Mica
So is there anybody using these anymore or has everyone steered away from them for the AP and CPE standback???

if you are using them are you getting a good outcome???

I remember peoplewere doing them with the BCD, and what not but jsut ahvent heard anything lately!!

Thanks

Im still running mine and its working great!! at WOT im running 19-20psi and i haven't had one problem. It's been about 4-5k like that.

what are you using to monitor the performance of the car.

Does this stay within parameters of the ecu or would it be a better idea to go the AP way

Reason why i ask this is my next step AP or BC, and did you guys get the colder plugs when you uped the boost??

Also does the BC raise the boost you make or jsut allow the car to hold higher boost?

the bc allows you to control the boost you can set it to what ever you want. i didn't upgrade my plugs but i probably should. for monitoring i use a boost gauge and a dashhawk.

quite a few people do the map clamp and boost controller combo. with the right instruments to monitor your engine and self control, its easily something that can be safely done

Hell yes, i still run my mbc !! So far ive gone 12.82 in the 1/4 with it. If my clutch holds up with the nitrous i plan on 11's this year. I still say poop on any and all ems for this car. The stock ecu works well and keeps thing reasonable safe. Hell last week i ran 26psi in 30 degree temps in fifth gear. I had very little knock and AFR's just under 12.0 . What more could you want ?

Hell yes, i still run my mbc !! So far ive gone 12.82 in the 1/4 with it. If my clutch holds up with the nitrous i plan on 11's this year. I still say poop on any and all ems for this car. The stock ecu works well and keeps thing reasonable safe. Hell last week i ran 26psi in 30 degree temps in fifth gear. I had very little knock and AFR's just under 12.0 . What more could you want ?

+1

wow 12.82 thats impressive!!!!

WEll that answers most of my questions,

except...

does our car make more boost but the stock Boost Controller bleads it off or does the car have to be modded to increase the actuall boost???

Hope that makes sense

Also would i have to run the BoostCutDefender/map clamp to make the boost controller effective???

Thnaks for your guys help!!

boost cut defenders are akin to map clamps, i prefer map clamps over the defender method as i think its more reliable and stable.

Are you running a BCD or map clamp with your setup, and was wondering what happens to the limited boost in 1st and 2nd when you run the mbc?

I had a map clamo for a long time and it worked well. The only time my car would still cut was in extremely cold weather. I now run the no cu ecu flash from cpe. I get zero cut...ever ! You do need some way to either hide the extra boost from the ecu, or allow it to see it but just not care. The flash lets my ecu see all my boost, it just doesnt give a s***. A map clamp tells the ecu there is less boost than there really is so it doesnt cut. It in now way changes you AFR or anything else. Boost in lower gears will still be lower than upper gears. This is mostly because of how quickly the engine revs in those gears. The boost just can build that fast. The reason for i is that if you dont have anything controling your throttle blade it still has effect on your boost. With my MBC i see this.....
If i can keep traction in 1st .... About 14psi
Second gear likes to spin too but i get about 17psi
3rd and 4th get about 19psi
5-6 see around 21psi
That how i drive i every day. I will be dropping it a pound or 2 when i use the nitrous, because i know the juice will make it rise back up a few psi.
MBC is the way to go IMO. All the so called tuners are a waste.

26 psi!!!!!!!

Tru-boost: You are the poster boy for "raise the boost and don't give a damn" .. haha.

Damn! :D

but it goes to show that these engines aren't as fragile as everybody seems to think they are

I have a leaky WGA right now and it wont go any lower in the upper gears !! I need to replace it. I have replaced all my hoses and zip ties and it disnt change, so i assume its the actuator. Non the less, i beat it anyway. Car loves it. The only reason i want to lower it is because i know it would be too much boost to spray nitrous on top of.

a mbc will help u on the dyno to, the car will hold boost better at high rpms, theirfore better numbers.. ever see those dyno graphs that after like 5000 it begins to head down, yea with a mbc it will keep goin up =]

Back