any way to get more sound from the ms3 bose sub?

got_titan

:
07 mica black ms3 gt
i just realized after reading on here that my ms3 has a sub under the pass seat......its really not that loud(almost worthless) and i didnt think it had a factory sub? my titan has the factory rockford package and that sub vibrates the seat and really does a great job filling the cab with bass.....im just wandering if theres a way to get more from the ms3 sub? right now its not worth having.....

I couldn't agree with you more. I just picked up my car last week, and while the stereo has nice clear mids and highs, there is absolutely no bass. I actually read the sticker a good four times to ensure it said SEVEN speakers. I found out from here that there is a sub under the passenger seat. As far as I can tell, it isn't even on. Anyone know if the MS6 has the same system? I'd like to hear the difference.

it seems like everyone here is used to and wants earth shattering bass which bose systems are NOT known to produce... too used to the aftermarket noisemakers that sits in the trunks?

go sit in a 3 without bose, there is NO bass, then go sit back in yours with box, it HAS bass

TheMAN said:
it seems like everyone here is used to and wants earth shattering bass which bose systems are NOT known to produce... too used to the aftermarket noisemakers that sits in the trunks?

go sit in a 3 without bose, there is NO bass, then go sit back in yours with box, it HAS bass
bingo was his nameo!

well, my titan only has a 6 inch sub under the seat and the ms3 bose sub is not even a quarter of what my titan sub does....you can barely here the ms3 sub turned all the way up....im really dissapointed in the sub...the mids and highs are pretty good..

TheMAN said:

this is certainly not the case with me....i have had many systems and i know what they sound like. i also know what a factory system should do, like my titan....the ms3 sub is not even anywhere close to my factory sub in my titan...

factory = no bass

You can't possibly have any expectations when it comes to factory systems. If you want bass and clear sound quality, make sure you have an additional 500-1000 to spend on your new car so you can upgrade the sound system.

TheMAN said:

hes exactly right. Bose is NOT known for any type of bass.... Bose produces enough bass to give a full sound, but not enough to over power. Bose is known for clear highs, not deep bass.

Ive also heard the Titan system, but again... The Titan doesnt use BOSE.

Sorry guys - I have to disagree about stock sound systems in general versus the Bose system in the MS3. My P5 had plenty of bass with the sub in the hatch (in fact, the overall sound was far better). I previously had an Eclipse with a factory Infiniti system (no sub), and it had plenty of bass, and certainly worlds more than this. In fact, every factory system I've had in the past 10 years has been decent at least. I'm not expectant of earth shattering bass, nor do I want it. I don't like Bose, as they are a company built on marketing, but there is absolutely NOTHING coming out of that sub.

What Titan and I are asking is whether it is known if there is a gain control on that 'sub'. We're not expecting miracles.

Last edited:
Back