Any Redesigns in the Pipeline?

08M5GTGSP

:
08 Mazda5 GT w/Sirius Satellite & Autodim Mirror/Compass/Homelnk
I love the basic design of the Mazda5 (on my 2nd one so far), and am glad to see they've added lots of upscale features , but will there be any total redesigns coming soon? They've been using this basic design for some years now, haven't they?

The Mazda 5 exist since 2006 and they are remodeling it for 2011. They waited 6 years for redoing the 3 ;).

Does anyone have bulletins from Mazda about this possibility of remodelling for 2011? I have search the net a bit and the only thing I have found, is a new model (called CX-5), but I guess that this is not meant to be for N-America...

Did you find something about our Mz-5 on the net? I would appreciate it!

I talked to a Mazda salesperson recently who said that the 5 SHOULD be redesigned for 2011, OR replaced by another car not necessarily labeled Mazda5. I asked him if the CX-5 was indeed coming to Canada then and he said he just didn't know and Mazda wasn't telling.

Thing is the 5, despite it's strong sales, is still not a real poster-car for Mazda. Consequently the press won't be itching to find prototypes in camo out testing in the extremities like they would for say a next-gen RX car, MX-5, or Mazda3.

Corporate Mazda, knowing this, won't be exactly eager to release 'gripping' new info on the upcoming redesign/replacement either. I don't expect to see it at any major auto-shows, or press-conferences prior to the showroom. Maybe we'll just see brochures, and a couple of official photos a few weeks before release. I'm guessing you'll see those pictures in August of 2010.

The sales guy said nothing about the replacement car specifically but agreed with me that it would have traction/stability, Mazda3 -ish design language, the 2.5L engine, and a little more interior refinement (also like the new 3).

We're looking at buying a 5 soon, we want the grand touring package but I'm disappointed that they don't offer it with a manual. I don't understand why not. And you can't get the the sport package and have the option to upgrade to leather, navigation, etc.

US market, AwaKeN. The 5MT was an optional "downgrade" for 06-07, but they dropped it from the options the next year when the 5AT came out. Maybe the '11 will have the 6MT (hoping..hoping..hoping!!)

Back