Any photographers in here?

I'm sure the 24-70 is a great lens I just struggle with a short zoom like that as I did my 17-55. The wide end wasn't wide enough and the tele end not tele enough. A 24-105 makes more sense to me. That or a 70-200. 50-500 would be ideal. ;)

I'd bet the 24-70 is sharper than the 24-105..

I have the 24-70. I absolutely love it. I used it almost entirely for my vacation to Jamaica.

It is super sharp.. not too heavy (IMO).. and gives such clear, vibrant colors.

I have the 24-70. I absolutely love it. I used it almost entirely for my vacation to Jamaica.

It is super sharp.. not too heavy (IMO).. and gives such clear, vibrant colors.

Any of you have the Canon 24-70mm L-series? Thoughts?

I used it for my trip to France. I loved its versatility and sharpness (epic). But yes, it was a heavy mother, but I really didn't see the full point of it. I couldn't find enough situations in which it was suited. I'd take a 10-22 over the 24-70 personally. I'm with Domino on this one...

My idea setup with a crop-frame sensor would be:

10-22mm
17-55mm
50mm f/1.2
70-200mm
100-400mm

If I had a ton of money... lol

Last edited:
I used it for my trip to France. I loved its versatility and sharpness (epic). But yes, it was a heavy mother, but I really didn't see the full point of it. I couldn't find enough situations in which it was suited. I'd take a 10-22 over the 24-70 personally. I'm with Domino on this one...

My idea setup with a crop-frame sensor would be:

10-22mm
17-55mm
50mm f/1.2
70-300mm
100-400mm

If I had a ton of money... lol

I have 2 on that list and couldnt be happier. (17-55 and 100-400)

Quick picture taken on the way to work this morning...

main.php

Well for weddings I almost exclusively have a 24-70 and 70-200 on each body. That's it. Covers everything. It's wide enough without giving distortion. Yes distortion is nice, but not when you're shooting people and you stretch them to make them look fat. The 24-105 is nice too but at a 105 range, and at F4, you can't use that in low light unless you jack up the ISO so much. Can't use it handheld in a wedding. It's also brick #2 LOL.

Went to a wedding this weekend. I made a n00b error and didn't bring my long lens to the actual ceremony - would have been useful, but we'll see what I come up with. N00b error #2 was not bringing a spare set of batteries for my flash even though I put new ones in there before the wedding. Oh well. I wasn't being paid or tasked with shooting it at all, so it was all for personal experience. As soon as my batteries charge up I'll go through and post up what I got.

gotta make a check list before heading out to take pics... lots of ppl always say carry less to save weight... i say f&*k it and i bring it all... sh!t it doesn't weigh more than my ruck sack with all my gear so it isn't that bad...

i carry pretty much all my sh!t... you never know what you might need at the spur of the moment

took a macro shot of some blue dream... supposedly it's #2 in the cannabis cup
5024763153_a931159eff_b.jpg

and a super macro shot... with a reversed 35mm f/1.8
5024778413_8f4b5350f3_b.jpg

Last edited:
gotta make a check list before heading out to take pics... lots of ppl always say carry less to save weight... i say f&*k it and i bring it all... sh!t it doesn't weigh more than my ruck sack with all my gear so it isn't that bad...

i carry pretty much all my sh!t... you never know what you might need at the spur of the moment

And I usually do, but I didn't want to be "that guy" more than I already was. A couple people confused me for the wedding photographer...

On a side note, the ACTUAL photographer liked my eye and said she wants to get in touch with me for maybe some freelance work. I was really drunk, so maybe she just wanted the comedic factor. She was using a 5D MkII with the 24-70 and a 50mm 1.8 at the reception. Of interest was a lens I had never seen before she was using at the ceremony. It was HUGE, silver, and apparently made in Russia. All I could gather is that it was a f/1.4. Any ideas?

EDIT: Jupiter lenses ring any bells?

Last edited:
Back