Any news on the 2014 models?

Would have liked a more significant infotainment update than just hd radio and pandora, but ill take it. Its still the best vehicle in class IMO

Ill be buying a red 2014 CX-5 2.5 GT with the tech package in january

I'm not sure if Pandora and a slightly more powerful engine (I dont really have any issues with the current engine) will bump me to actually want the 2014 model. I can get pandora and do a 3.5mm liine in on my phone for Pandora. So it's not a big deal there I guess.

Pandora works great via streaming bluetooth today. At least for my iPhone 4S. It displays artist and title info.

Im assuming that means that you launch and control pandora from the head unit instead of having to bumble with the phone.

which is a big deal if you care about paying attention to the road.

Pandora works great via streaming bluetooth today. At least for my iPhone 4S. It displays artist and title info.
Interesting: I've been trying to get my LG Android phone to stream it dependably via bluetooth. Often times when I shut the engine off and restart it the bluetooth reconnect is rather clunky. I get no usable screen display, but I can advance to the next song and play with the volume. 3.5mm cable cnx is more reliable, but I lose any semblence of audio control except via the phone itself. Any suggestions (other than buy an Apple phone!)

Im assuming that means that you launch and control pandora from the head unit instead of having to bumble with the phone.

which is a big deal if you care about paying attention to the road.
Sounds like you're having the same issues I am. Are you using an Android? What kind of connection? I'm wondering if there is a way to upgrade the current Touring head unit to include the Pandora app???

Would have liked a more significant infotainment update than just hd radio and pandora, but ill take it. Its still the best vehicle in class IMO Ill be buying a red 2014 CX-5 2.5 GT with the tech package in january
Frankly, I am totally underwelmed by HD radio on my Touring, but I would kill for an integrated Pandora app as a substitute for Satrad!

Sounds like the mag is talking about the global vehicle. We dont get the 2.0 in the 6 either. Dont hold your breath for the wagon, mazda higherups have said many times that we wont get the long roof 6
You may be right, but this mag appears to be aimed at their US customer base (we now own 2 Mazdas) and all these pictures and talk about sedan and wagon versions is damn confusing!

You may be right, but this mag appears to be aimed at their US customer base (we now own 2 Mazdas) and all these pictures and talk about sedan and wagon versions is damn confusing!

with my luck mazda will say "just kidding...here is the 6 wagon" the day after I buy a cx-5 :p

Smart City Brake Support (SCBS) system, which is a new safety feature for North America.

SCBS is designed to assist a driver in avoiding a head-on collision when driving at low speeds, roughly between three to 19 miles per hour. A laser sensor mounted at the top of the front windshield is used detect an obtrusive object and will reduce the brake rotor travel to quicken braking should the system calculate that there is a risk of a collision occurring. If the driver fails to perform an avoidance maneuver, the SCBS system will activate an automatic braking function.

SCBS was developed to mitigate damage due to a collision and not as a replacement for actual
driver operation and control. Top-of-the-line Grand Touring models are equipped with all the luxuries of Touring models and adds the Moonroof/Bose Package as standard equipment. The 17-inch aluminum alloys that prop up Sport and Touring vehicles are replaced with larger 19-inch aluminum alloy wheels on the Grand Touring. Other standard niceties include automatic headlights, heated outside mirrors, rain-sensing windshield wipers, perforated leather-trimmed seat upholstery, heated front seats, an eight-way power adjustable driver's seat with power lumbar support, dual-zone automatic climate control and Sirius Satellite Radio with four months of complimentary service.

SO basically there's only 2 new things in the 2014 model - SCB and 2.5L engine?
and supposedly slightly updated infotainment/nav.
considering its less than a year after the car was first introduced (and about 8 months since its been available in volume) Id say thats actually pretty darn good. Most of the time you wait at least 2 years for any kind of real updates.
I was afraid we would have to wait until fall to get the new engine.

I am really close to getting a GT AWD 2013 but since its for the wife would rather get the 2.0 for the (small negligible mpg difference, but it adds up). Does anybody know if you will have to get the 2.5 with the GT?

Also dont really want to spend more money for the 2.5 if I can get a 2013 with the 2.0 for less.

I am really close to getting a GT AWD 2013 but since its for the wife would rather get the 2.0 for the (small negligible mpg difference, but it adds up). Does anybody know if you will have to get the 2.5 with the GT?

Also dont really want to spend more money for the 2.5 if I can get a 2013 with the 2.0 for less.

From what I read in the press release in the other thread, the 2.5L is standard on 2014 Touring and GT's. (And you can easily guess that the price will go up by some signicant amount, maybe $1K, not that it's a bad deal.) I have a '13GT and 2.0L and 2.5L are both fine for my finicky taste, but I do require everything that a GT includes.

Thats exactly it, I see no need for the 2.5, and would be purchasing a loaded GT. I dont really see the need to spend an extra ~$1000 when my wife will not need/use the extra 29hp.

Thats exactly it, I see no need for the 2.5, and would be purchasing a loaded GT. I dont really see the need to spend an extra ~$1000 when my wife will not need/use the extra 29hp.

I think the vast majority of GT buyers don't see the 2.5L (even at $1K extra) as a negative when purchasing a loaded $31K nearly premium SUV. The current GT pricing is very competitive and considerably cheaper than what I consider the main competitor (loaded Escapes). Price increases on model year 2014 were expected. Accessories/features like leather, Bose system, Nav, seat heaters, dual climate control are also really not needed but those used to premium cars require this stuff.

For you the answer is easy, get a 2013 and save some money. The 2014's won't be plentiful anytime soon.

Last edited:
Back