Any ideas?

bradboyd80

:
'12 Velocity Red MS3
Ok, so after all the work I've done, my car is still bogging pretty bad when in boost. I'll lay out what I have already done, and what I plan to do today. I'd like to know if anyone has any other suggestions on what to check. My mods are in my sig. Oh, and btw, my boost gauge is reading perfect vacuum (20hg) and holding boost at 7psi.

What I've done:
fresh oil change (about 300 miles ago) with Mobil 1 synth.
coils and wires are pretty much new (about 8k miles on them)
cleaned EGR several times
cleaned MAF several times
ran new vacuum lines
checked wga....no leak
checked for shaft play....negative
sprayed intercooler pipes to check for leaks; nothing found
I did change the spark plugs from copper to the 1 step colder NGKs, but even before I changed from copper, it was doing the same thing.

On the list for tonight:
Seafoam and another oil change
new stock heat range spark plugs (NGKs)
check manifold for any cracks

I can hear pretty pretty loud hissing, but really only gets bad during boost. But when the car is at idle and I pop the hood, I don't hear anything. So it leads me to believe its a boost leak. I've also read that when the car feels like I hit a brick wall, it could be fuel cut. However, I've also heard that I won't hit fuel cut until it reaches about 10psi....which my car isn't doing.

So anyone know what else it could be? Or recommendations on anything else to check or change????

Ok, so I checked my mani today. A couple of bolts were semi-loose. Not bad, but not as tight as they should have been; and no cracks found either. So the loud, pre-boost whistling is gone now, but the hesitation is still there. Also installed brand new NGK platinum plugs. Car seems to pull a little better, but like I said, hesitation is still there. So can I pretty much chalk this one up to simply needing a tune? Based on what I've done already, I think I've eliminated just about everything. Any other ideas? I still have to do the seafoam, but want to wait until I'm due for another oil change so I can do it all at once.

Sometimes cleaning the MAF can screw them up, i do not suggest it. Hesitation is common is these cars, has your car had the Factory reflash yet?

I had a bad hessitation, All I did was change the plugs to NGL VPower, at stock heat range.

id say you had a leaky intake manifold gasket that you somewhat fixed by tightening bolts,but i would recomend putting a new gasket and if that doesnt fix it replache maf you more then likely ruined it by "cleaning it.what did you use to "clean" it..bad bad idea doing such things.i dont care what the miracle in a can said it would do... bad bad bad...

Sometimes cleaning the MAF can screw them up, i do not suggest it. Hesitation is common is these cars, has your car had the Factory reflash yet?
No, haven't had the reflash done yet. Stealership wants to charge me $160 to do it. I may wait and just get an SSAFC.

I had a bad hessitation, All I did was change the plugs to NGL VPower, at stock heat range.
Already changed the plugs back to NGK Vpower stock heat range also. Haha.

id say you had a leaky intake manifold gasket that you somewhat fixed by tightening bolts,but i would recomend putting a new gasket and if that doesnt fix it replache maf you more then likely ruined it by "cleaning it.what did you use to "clean" it..bad bad idea doing such things.i dont care what the miracle in a can said it would do... bad bad bad...

Well I've been told by a lot of people that cleaning the maf is a good idea. Plus I've cleaned the maf with maf cleaner from autozone about 5 times since I bought the car and the hesitation has not changed whatsoever (until I tightened those bolts obviously). So unless the maf was bad when I bought the car, I don't see how that could be it. I didn't mess with the intake mani though. It was the exhaust mani that I checked. Probably not a bad idea to check the intake mani though. The hesitation is MUCH better since I did tighten all the exhaust mani bolts, but the problem is not totally gone.

These cars are so sensitive to the MAF, I wish we didn't have it.

My car hits fuel cut to save its life.

change out maf... check turbo housing for cracks. check intake many...

Yeah, I may end up getting a new one and testing it out. If it fixes the problem, then I'm set. But if it doesn't work, I'll just through the old one in the box and return it. (laugh)

Back