Any-1 have dual Exhaust?

This has already been discussed on another thread. The general consensus was that it would look stupid, because the rear bumber only has a cutout for one tip. Also, no company is making a kit, so it would be a custom job. There was also talk about it being tough to even just fit it in. Lastly, although symetry is cool, there is no performance gains with dual exhaut on a 4-banger.

someone called 'theonlyduel' on the www.torontomazda3.com
board has it. I saw it at a meet. sounds like crap, looks nice though.
They made another cut out on the rear bumper to make the duel exhaust fit.
Its really just one muffler with two tips that extends to each side of the rear bumper.

i don't know if it's overkill, the 6 has it. given it's pretty pointless, but it doesn't really hurt anything other than weight. Though cost jumps quite a bit when making a dual catback system. many of the 6's are looking into the single route to save on the weight, i think it was like 70lbs or so to cut out the y and extra muffler. but then we suffer from an extra cutout rather than the need, at least those that want it can cut it out.

i think the one in the pic looks really good, came out really clean. the 3's exhaust is setup way different, so to picture just running a y at the very end, might be imagining wrong, seems a bit innefficient. could always do that the honda guys do and just hang a muffler there that looks funny cuase only the right one gets dirty?

Thanks for the pic n Input!

I think it does look awesome, my opinion. For the racers?performance people I know weight means a lot, It is just different. I have an R/T neon (old) with dual/ I believe it was about 5lbs different if that, from stock.

I wanted to do that to mine but it would be silly, unless, you were turboed and had a lot more exhaust needing to get out.

Threedog said:
I wanted to do that to mine but it would be silly, unless, you were turboed and had a lot more exhaust needing to get out.
Even if you did, the bends required would still create a more restrictive exhaust than a single pipe.

On a inline-4, there is really no need to do this, ever.

this should be in the appearance section cuz that is all its good for
yeah that would be cool, under your exterior (appearance) mods to put dual exhaust, hahaha, you have ... cf hood, eyelids, ...bla , then dual exhaust :)))

Umnitza is getting one of my buddies in orlando to test one out for them, it's not 100% closed deal yet because he's worried about warranty voiding issues.

Back