Anti hijack function

CX-5 Driver

:
Mazda CX-5, 177 hp Diesel auto, Sportsline, crystal pearl white
Is the CX-5 in the US, Canada or Australia equipped with automatically locking doors (and trunk) once you start to accellerate? During my trips to the US I discovered that this feature seems to be standard in almost every newer car over there but the european or at least the german version of the CX-5 is lacking that feature.

If this feature is available in other countries there might be a chance to activate or install it in Germany as well.

Is the CX-5 in the US, Canada or Australia equipped with automatically locking doors (and trunk) once you start to accellerate? During my trips to the US I discovered that this feature seems to be standard in almost every newer car over there but the european or at least the german version of the CX-5 is lacking that feature.

If this feature is available in other countries there might be a chance to activate or install it in Germany as well.

i think there's options you can set for when it locks and unlocks, mine is set to lock when shifting out of park and unlock into park

I haven't changed any settings on the car since I took delivery a couple of weeks ago, but I can confirm that once you start to accelerate, the doors auto-lock. When I turn off the ignition, the doors unlock automatically as well.

According to the manual there are 5 settings:

1. Don't auto lock the doors
2. Lock the doors when the CX-5 hits 20 Km/h and unlock when you turn the CX-5 off
3. Lock the doors when the CX-5 hits 20 Km/h and do not unlock them (factory setting of my standard CX-5)
4. Lock doors when put into Drive do not unlock them (Automatic transmission only)
5. Lock doors when put into Drive unlock them when put into park (Automatic transmission only)

With the CX-5 all doors can be opened form the handle if they are locked or unlocked. So auto locking them then leaving them locked is standard.

Sorry also one other then I have done this 10 times, you start driving and the doors auto lock and then you forget to get something out of the trunk. So you pull over and go to the trunk and it's locked... so you try using your key fob and it wont work because the car is running, you have to go to the drivers door and press the unlock key (which by the way also does not work unless the e-brake is on)

Again this is on my stick version of the CX-5, it is very annoying!!!

Thanks for your detailed answers. I downloaded the german owners manual now and this feature isn't mentioned there at all (only the different ways to lock and unlock the car with the remote keyless entry).
I'll write an email to Mazda Germany now and ask them if this feature is available here, too. Just locking the car manually might not be a good alternative as it is not comfortable and might be dangerous in the case of an accident if it doen't unlock automatically after an impact on the car.

Thanks for your detailed answers. I downloaded the german owners manual now and this feature isn't mentioned there at all (only the different ways to lock and unlock the car with the remote keyless entry).
I'll write an email to Mazda Germany now and ask them if this feature is available here, too. Just locking the car manually might not be a good alternative as it is not comfortable and might be dangerous in the case of an accident if it doen't unlock automatically after an impact on the car.

I can confirm that I can't find this in the Australian manual either.

Can anyone in the US take a photo of this manual page and the menu in the car?
I am very curious as to where it is located.

The majority of new cars in Australia are from Japan. Japanese models don't tend to include such a feature. Nearly all German imports here however, do.

View attachment 194215
Is this what you are talking about? I believe you can also program the door lock options from the touch screen but I haven't messed with it yet.

Yep if you have a model with the touch screen these options, along with a few others, can be set from the setup screen.

No such options in European models ?

Very short answer (one sentence) from Mazda Germany to my email: That feature is not available over here.

WOOOO. We finally get something that Europe doesn't get.
Not quite. It depends on which version you've got. The one with the (audio/navigator) touchscreen you can setup yourself if you want to close the car within 30, 60 or 90 seconds automatically. If not you can ask your dealer to setup this.

@ wbree that is not the same function - that is for unlocking the car but then not opening any door - the car will relock itself after the specified period.

So, not the same as anti-hijack which is car doors locking when you change out of 'Park' or speed exceeds a set value.

Not quite. It depends on which version you've got. The one with the (audio/navigator) touchscreen you can setup yourself if you want to close the car within 30, 60 or 90 seconds automatically. If not you can ask your dealer to setup this.

this setting is not for autolock/unlock. It is the time buffer within the moment you pressed the remote and opening the door/trunk.

Auto Locking Doors

WOOOO. We finally get something that Europe doesn't get.

It's true, we usually get features the US doesn't get like folding mirrors and I-stop but in this case it just sucks. Here in Israel, we do not have the door locking feature either. The locks are electric but you have to push the actual lock on the door. We do not have the separate door lock button.

sorry to bring an old thread back.

Anyone know of a way to enable this in countries where this feature is not available?
I'm in Australia and I do not have this feature and cannot find the option in the touchscreen setup menu..

Another feature I would like to have is windows, auto up and auto down to all windows. Not just driver.

cheers

The one touch up windows require a torque measuring motor so it will reverse automatically as a safety feature if someone has a hand caught in the rollup...

Back