Antenna problems - do you guys listening to FM radio at all?

_Traver

:
Mazda 6 2013 (2014) Stc vision 2.0
I have this very irritating problem with the reception of FM signals. Now and then I listening to a radio station with only speak – and I constantly have this drop outs like the signal isn’t strong enough. I think this is because of this build-in antenna in the back window just next to the heater wires. I have driven many other cars in the same area and these cars did not have the same issue.

I'm thinking of replacing this antenna design with a regular one - even though it will spoil the design of the car a bit

If you need to check you antenna strength – this is how:

Select the channel you want the readout for
Make sure the sound is on
Select power together with search-left
Enter the code 04 + enter
Readout the numbers

fm_zpsb0406826.jpg

ant_zps07aca4c7.jpg

[update]

I got the entertainment system (radio unit) replaced by Mazda, with a newer type, and we hoped this would change the poor FM reception to the better.

Unfortunately this was not the case. The situation remains.

But the GPS system is rock stabile now – it used to crash, and the SMS “on screen” printout is also stabile now.
With the old radio unit sometime a click on the SMS on the list, didn’t open the text

Last edited:
Could it be the antenna itself that is faulty instead of the design? I would bring it into the dealership before modifying something.

Good Luck

Could it be the antenna itself that is faulty instead of the design? I would bring it into the dealership before modifying something.

Good Luck

Yes and I did go to the dealer - and they ask Mazda Denmark to have a look at it.

And they did, actually.

You wouldnt believe next Mazda actually called in some guy from Panasonic Japan, who at the time being was in Germany. This guy went to Denmark and together with a Mazda representative they drove some 250miles in my car over two days. I got compensated for the gasoline but they never come up with a solution to the antenna problem. Furthermore I found a nice crack in the windshield then they returned the car to me, and they did newer even mention it!

Well, Mazda will replace the windshield on their expend, late May Im promised 

I just wrote Mazda to remind them I still have this antenna problem still hoping for them to come up with a fix, as I would hate to start mounting some whip antenna.

I have owned a 2014 Mazda 6 GT for a week now, I have the same issue with FM reception, my previous car had much better clarity on the roads I typically drive. I will bring it up with mazda service when I take it in..

Interresting to hear what they have to say. I still have this reception issue. But at leadt my windscreen has been replaced on Mazda's expence :) I remind mazda ones every 2 month about the problem in hope of a solution

The radio reception is terrible. My gf is the only one that uses it so i dnt mind.

Back