Another Spitsecound Question

odie84

:
2003 mazdaspeed protege
I have been looking into the Megasquirt and at a 730.00 price tag ready to install and tune not bad at all for a stand alone. Right now funds arent that loose so...... I guess im curious about the splitsecound. Is the bang for the buck there. It is limited to 16lbs of boost. Anyone out there running 16lbs in there MSP would love to know the numbers. I wont be ready to up the boost tell tax time :) but am forging the side block I have at that time. HELP???? I cant decide to save the money and wait for the MS or just grab the splitsecound now.....

the ssafc is limited to about 14-16ish psi due to the map sensor, I think I THINK, you can somehow upgrade it to a 3bar map sensor from the ssftc which is capable of handle 26ish psi. or you can just purchase the ssftc which does everything the ssafc plus timing control which you do not have to adjust unless youre aiming for higher psi. there is a thread with info on the ssafc on here and pretty much different tunes you can test or use to create your own for your mods. a standalone would obvisouly be best since youo have more options and aren't limited to sensors like the MAF.

Back