Another newbie - thanks for the help already

Nouse4aname

:
2003 Mazda Protege5/2007 Legacy GT Spec B
Just picked up an automatic 2003 Protege5 with just 91,000 miles for $4995 for the wife. It looks to be in great shape and drives very well for its age. Actually much better than the 2013 Corolla we took as a rental to pick it up from another state...my back is still paying for the utter lack of lumbar support in that.

First issue came up when we stopped for gas and it wouldn't start back up. Managed to get it started in neutral and now know what's going on thanks to this thread. http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/show...tarting-question-won-t-start-when-hot-in-park
The 2 year warranty we got through usaa should cover that.

Also found the driver's headlight wasn't clipped in properly but managed to get that sorted after finding some pics on here...after driving myself crazy almost an hour.

Anyway here's a few just got it but haven't waxed it yet pics. Happy motoring!
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:
Yeah, just a couple little rust spots to look after. One starting on top at the rear, and one behind the Protege5 badge. Some minor dings here and there. Otherwise the paintwork and such looks great on the body. Wheels are in not so great shape at the edges. But overall great for a 10 year old northern car.

Need to pick up an owner's manual since it didn't come with one.

Only mods she wants done is some mild window tint and maybe a more modern head unit.

But yeah I like it enough already I wouldn't mind picking up myself a matching one in a 5 speed heh.

Ah another issue is that the passenger side mirror is rather loose(stays in place but wiggles easily to touch). Need to look into tightening that up...just need to get myself a service manual.

Back