Another newbie here...Have a couple of questions.

Euro3

Hey guys,

I currently drive a 98 Maxima & well...it's old.

I was considering a Mazda6 but I am moving to Europe in March of next year & I have to buy a car without having payments in order to take it overseas & honestly, I can't spend $22-$23K on a car...

I browsed this forum for a bit & thought I'd register...

I haven't bought the car yet...heck, I haven't even driven it...
But I think that this is what I want...(of course my wife thinks differently (eyeballs) )

Well, anyway....

With the gas prices overseas, I am forced to buy a 4-cylinder so the 3 looks to be a smart choice...

I know the cars are new but is there anything I should watch out for when I go to the dealership???
Any problems that most of the cars have???
(for instance, new maximas have glove boxes that are not aligned as well as dual exhausts)...these are the kind of things I'd like to know before I actually drive one of the lot....

(if the answers are somewhere on this forum, please direct me there, I am at work & can't browse the forum without looking around to see if anyone's coming)....

Thanks in advance.
Sam

Oh, and one more quick thing...
When I look at posts in a thread, I see the latest reply first & in order to see the original post, I have to scroll all the way down...
Is there any way to adjust that?

Thanks again,
Sam

Why don't you buy a car overseas? They have a considerable amount of desiel engine cars over there that get better gas milage than US spec cars.

But if do do buy the 3, here are some of the issues so far:
1. Rear Brake Dust (annoying, but normal)
2. Grooves in Rear Rotors (not a big problem and will slowly go away the longer you have the car.
3. Thin Paint (some people have complained about rock chips)
4. Glove Box not aligned correctly (there is a how-to to fix this)

There are other miscellanious problems that members have experienced, but the items listed above seem to happen to be the primary complaints.

Other than that, this car is simply amazing. You can't go wrong with this car and it's an extremely smart purchase. There is nothing out there that can compare with the 3's price and it's list of standard options.

Thanks for the quick reply...
I am planning on driving the car for about a year & then get a diesel...
The reason why I'm taking a car from the US is because they're more expensive over there & I can actually make some money on this...
The thing is that all the cars are imported that are not made in Europe & there is a 45% tax on the cars, therefore even though this car may be available over there, it is going to be much more expensive...

Examples: Nissan 350Z will run you about $45K, Chrysler PT cruiser will run you over $30K, etc...

Latest posts

Back