Another happy fill up

Kymerik

:
2003.5 Mazda Protege5
So yeah, i managed to make it 7 days this time around (usually 5-6 days between fillups) and here's the tally:

Miles: 381.4 Miles
Fuel: 12.809 Gallons
MPG: 29.78 MPG
Octane: 87

Needless to say i was happy :) Standard cincinnati commuter, about 70% highway (including rush hours) 30% city

you are lucky lol. im burning $30/week

My numbers last tank were pretty close to yours.

Miles: 361.0 miles
Fuel: 12.252 gallons
MPG: 29.46 MPG
Price/gal : $3.32
COST $40.79. <----first time in San Antonio I cracked $40 for a fill up.
11cents a mile.

For Comparison, My very first tank of gas, on 5/31/2003:
Miles: 357.0
Fuel: 11.949 gallons
MPG: 29.87 MPG
Price/gal : $1.33
COST $16.00

4 cents a mile.

-Jason

ps. yes i'm the geek at the pump recording each tank of gas.

So yeah, i managed to make it 7 days this time around (usually 5-6 days between fillups) and here's the tally:

Miles: 381.4 Miles
Fuel: 12.809 Gallons
MPG: 29.78 MPG

Needless to say i was happy :) Standard cincinnati commuter, about 70% highway (including rush hours) 30% city

you are lucky lol. im burning $30/week

How's that work lol, it's 3.59 a gallon here so i'm burning through 40-50 dollars a week LOL

Oh well i could drive an escalade and burn through like 200 dollars a week LOL

I've see alot of escalades, excursions, Suburbans etc for sale around here or being turned in on dealer lots for smaller cars , i'd be suprised if dealers start making people pay to turn in SUVs LOL

BTW, gas just hit 4.00 in ohio...Wilmington, OH : 4.01 for 87 octane

MOMMY IT HURTS!!!!!

i miss filling up my pontiac fieros tank on 10 bux back in 2002/2003 when gas was .99 - 1.09 a gallon :(

$40-$50 week? I call that lucky. I'm driving my P5 and still spending well over $100 per week. I filled up yesterday and put $45 in.

if I do no driving but my commute, I'm going through $50+ at 27 mpg... ugh. i too remember the days that 10 bucks filled my corolla for the week.

mazda should start making scooters.... hybrid scooters <_<

Hmm...

Miles: 150
Gallons: 3.3
MPG: 45.5
Octane: 91
Cost/Gallon: $4.01
Cost/Fill: $13.23
Cost/Mile: $0.09

Oddly enough, the Speed Triple, with almost twice the displacement of my SV650 (as shown above, my commuter) gets marginally more MPG. Either way, motorcycles for the win. =)

The P5 was getting about 35+ MPG when I had to tear it down and rebuild the head. Hopefully slightly better burn once I get that all sorted out. The WRX gets about 22-25 MPG on average, and the Miata around 25-30 MPG. And I drive 'em all like I stole 'em. Track day is every day for me!

I miss two things: 94 octane gas at Sunoco (Hate Cali gas,) and gas that isn't absurdly expensive. Uugh.

Last edited:
since I work like 2 miles from where I live and my kids daycare is about 7 miles away I dont fill up that often.

but to me it would make sense for my husband who normally drives 40-ish miles a day to and from work to drive the car that gets about 28 or so mpg than the truck that gets like 13 mpg. he's always bitching that I spend all the money too...*ugh* guys!

I'm not *that* old, but I can remember when I was a kid and gas went over $1.00 and everyone was flipping out. It soon went back down. I remember when I first got married and left home to move to HI, the gas prices in GA were $.76 a gallon.(notcool)

Last edited:
damn..i remember when gas was a 1.50$ and even lower...4 dollas if f****** armed robbery...assholes...but were all the asshole cause were left no choice but to buy it

haha, 87octane is $3.89 over here... i put out about $60 a week on gas :( and it costs $48 to fill up almost.... i'm sad...

ahhh, to live a block away from campus and only a couple from downtown is quite nice...

i usually only fill up ONCE a MONTH for about $40!

(ever see that insurence commercial with the business guy riding that little bike back from work...maybe we start doing that)

That'd be cool if they had showers at work. 30 mile each way, no longer than sitting in stop n go traffic & good fitness program. I do have 11 different bikes to choose from. I'm prepared for the 10.00 gallon s***. I will ride a bike when it gets that high, out of spite if for no other reason. I'm 47 & can hang so I know the rest of you young whippersnappers can.

That'd be cool if they had showers at work. 30 mile each way, no longer than sitting in stop n go traffic & good fitness program.

7.5 miles each way for me. The issue isn't the effort, the sweat, or the time. The problem with doing this on a bike is that it would mean going elbow to door the whole way with SUVs. Saving gas and getting exercise are worthy goals, but staying alive is a higher priority.

straight up 3.89$ for 87...jacked up....they just slowy started going up year by year so everyone just kinda gets used to it....well they kinda had to because id imagine if you jumped from 1.30$ to 3.89$ that would probably cause like some kinda gas strike lol...I remember when it was at 1.30$ took about 20$ to fill up my old crx, freakin go all over the place, only asking a few dollars for gas from my passengers...now that dont do s***, I straight up calculate the gas im gonna use to give someone a ride and tell them give me that plus my milleage and wear and tear on my car....at this point I would be happy if it went down to 2.50$ and just stayed there....

I don't see how you guys are getting such low mileage...mid to high 20's...I guess it must be cause you all are modded or higher mileage...I am a little over 50000 miles on my 2003, and I am getting close to 34 MPG (33.86) city delivering pizzas...I fill up usually three times a week...

Back