Another escape recall.....

Smells like the way they launched their last SUV (new Ford Explorer, model year 2011), resulting in below average reliability. They can do better and have done better new product launches before.

It's funny to see all the Ford fans get mad and scold those criticizing the Escape. Yeah, Toyota and others has it's fair share of recalls, but I have never heard of a new car less than a year old having 4 recalls.
Shame...

Ford says park the recalled vehicles immediately, call them for alternate transportation.

It's funny to see all the Ford fans get mad and scold those criticizing the Escape. Yeah, Toyota and others has it's fair share of recalls, but I have never heard of a new car less than a year old having 4 recalls.
Shame...

I think the worst part is 3 out of the 4 recalls are related to engine issues and all of them involve a high risk of a fire like some owners have already experienced.

I can’t remember the last time that a car was sold with an engine that can catch on fire in three different ways. Not even the Yugo had a feature like that.

Flame thrower effect (3 different ways), no extra charge, just kidding.

From the article: "...While we recognize the inconvenience recalls cause our customers, we are taking these actions on their behalf to help ensure their safety. .."

Really? I would think to ensure safety of your customers you would test the vehicle thoroughly inside and out BEFORE launching it.. Oh well, that's just me.
Love the bus passes comment!! LOL!

I think the worst part is 3 out of the 4 recalls are related to engine issues and all of them involve a high risk of a fire like some owners have already experienced.

I can’t remember the last time that a car was sold with an engine that can catch on fire in three different ways. Not even the Yugo had a feature like that.

love the yugo comment! anyway, it is sad to read this... thankfully no fatalities yet(that we've heard of anyway), still... talk about rushing a product out!

"Ford spokesman Said Deep said engine overheating can lead to fluid leaks, which may come in contact with a hot exhaust system and trigger a fire.
'We're developing a fix which is designed to keep the fluids from reaching the hot exhaust components," he said. "We'll update our customers as soon as we can.'"

Well that's comforting. Our engines overheat and the fluids contact the exhaust and start a fire, so our crack engineers have devised a fix: install a shunt so the boiling fluids from the overheating engines will be directed harmlessly away...thanks a lot..(2thumbs)

Last edited:
I guess by comparison to Ford's old way of reacting to problems this is quite an improvement for them.

Their past behavior made it nearly impossible for me to even consider a Ford when we were shopping.

I forget all the details of the problems but there was something years back with the crown vic and town car where a sharp object would puncture the gas tank in a rear end collision. Too many people burned to death, including one story of kids on the way to their prom or homecoming. All because Ford ignored the problem as long as they could and finally after cops complained about officers being killed in the cars Ford came out with a kit to protect the tank but didn't offer it to anyone other than police forces.
I forget the details of it but from what I remember Ford argued in court that the driver that rear ended the limo was at fault for the kids deaths, not them. But the limo driver said he could hear the kids scream after the impact but couldn't get them out before the fire consumed the car.

http://www.autosafety.org/ford-offers-town-car-limo-owners-safety-kit

http://www.autosafety.org/safety-matter-lincoln-town-car-fuel-tank

and that is just one case of Ford's complete disregard for their customers and fellow humans.

Last edited:
Back