Another bov/Compressor surge problem

cspaid

:
03 msp
I just did a complete front mount intercooler. I have a knock off type rs bov. I still have compressor surge and its just louder. I loosen bov all the way and made sure my boost source was good and it still does it.

I thinking its either faulty bov or im not running enough boost to open it. I am running stock 5-6 psi.

What should I do?

So my buddy came by with another knock off type s bov and it still did the same exact thing.

I hooked vac hose up to 2 different nipples on the intake manifold with new vac lines and no changes.

I think thats what your asking me.

Yes but my problem probally isnt that Ive used them before without any issues.

I guess ill buy a name brand. I just got laid off so i hope i dont waste my money.

Last edited:
I still had compressor surge too with my fmic and my greddy type rs (real) located by the throttle body. But your gonna still have it without the stock by-pass valve in the system. I just got a hks ssqv (real) i had laying around and put that in the hot pipe right after the turbo so i had one at the tb and one at the turbo and no more surge.

yes, take out all the allen head bolts and remove the center spring. it's the stronger of the two

Back