Another BOSE system TSB question but this time the BASS isn't cutting out, it's my...

M

my3needsaname

So I have a print out of the BOSE system TSB but that says something about the BASS cutting out and in my car, my TREBLE just amplifies.

Anyway,
I was messing around with my stereo like 2 days ago? And I noticed distinctly between 34 and 35 that with the TREBLE on +4 and BASS on +6 that the TREBLE would amplify to above the max and was uncontrollable anywhere between 35 and above but my BASS was the same and worked perfectly.

I read the TSB and it just stated that the BASS would cut out at 35 and above.

Just wondering if anybody else had that problem? Maybe?

So how is it different if the bass/mids seemingly cut out, or if the treble amplifies? Same difference... sounds like ass. Get it on the replacement list. I've been waiting 3 weeks already and my dealer says they're still on backorder for 8-10.

The TSB is only with the 2008.5 model Bose radios or does my 2008 Bose radio sounding like s*** need to have a look? It seems like there is no bass really. My buddy with a MS6 has some decent bass and compared to mine it sound like he has a system. Mine just sounds muddy when I try to move the bass past -2.

The TSB is only with the 2008.5 model Bose radios or does my 2008 Bose radio sounding like s*** need to have a look? It seems like there is no bass really. My buddy with a MS6 has some decent bass and compared to mine it sound like he has a system. Mine just sounds muddy when I try to move the bass past -2.

The one made reference to here is for the 08.5 6 disc Bose that plays MP3's.

It appears to be both the Bose and non Bose units in the 08.5's. We're having the same issues with the Non Bose system (6cd changer/MP3 player). We're getting it replaced this Wednesday.

If you go a few threads down you'll find the "big" thread on it. It's like 20 plus pages on this.

Last edited:
Guess I was lucky. I took her to the dealer early with a copy of the TSB. Got the replacement within ten days.

Well it does sound like ass on mine but I brought the TSB to the dealer like the first week I had the car and they're like "sorry no can do if you can't hear it."

I guess that was reasonable but that dealership's service department sucks balls so I should've been more like "fix it b****!"

I was just listening to my system on 34 and turned it up to 35 for a sec to hear the TREBLE max itself waaay too far out and then I heard no BASS. It's slowly getting worse!!! Awwww...to Mazda to-morrow.

I was at Mazda on Monday, they set up an appointment for Wednesday, and then called on Friday to say they already got my new head unit. Yay for overnight delivery from Mazda!!

Appointment on Tuesday at 11 A.M.!!!!!! YAY!!!(mj)(dance)(dance)(mj)

Gratz my3,

I had the exact same issue and have a new hu on the way. Let me know how it sounds once installed :)

Will do, only 20 hours and 19 minutes until my new HU and counting.

Last edited:
OMG!!! The sound you get out of the new head unit is just amazing. Before I had the BASS set to +6 and it was barely even thumpin' on bassy music but now I have it on +5 because +6 is a bit too much for most music and sometimes only on +4 on the bassy stuff and it's still thumpin' liek no tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The highs are crisper,
The lows are lower,
The mids are...waaaay better.

Basically the installation of this revised HU has made me not only LOVE! this system but it honest to god seems like I installed a brand new 500w 6" subwoofer under the passenger seat.

Latest posts

Back