Another Beast in the Making. GT3071, DNP, Reflash and much more............

Yoichi

...............................And she's runnin!!!!!!!!!

OK guys, this is going to be a long ass post but bare w/ me, it is gonna be worth the time.

I'm not gonna be biased towards anything. I am honestly posting my experience down in Virginia

Let me start by telling you what was on the car before the install and major work.

ATP Downpipe
Corksport Catback
CP-E Standback PnP (Zeroed out map)
Fujita CAI

What was put into the car by P3.

Garret GT3071R w/ custom coolant and oil lines.
DNP Manifold w/ EGT Bung
ATP inlet pipe.
Custom Short Ram intake.
VTCS Delete
Oil Catch Can
CP-E FMIC
CP-E Throttle Plate Reflash (First one in the US btw)

and too much Custom work.

Impressions 0f the parts:

So many "Build a beast threads" and not much success besides a few people but we're all still on the edge. I believe no one has a proven theory on what works on this car 100%.
I wanted to see how much this damn block can take and how much power this thing can make. Safe reliable power was all I wanted. Believe it or not, this car has almost Zero JDM support, yet almost all of my parts were top notch parts that enthusiasts built for this car in the US. Now lets talk about the one thing that killed us all. The damn ATP kit. I just want to say that this is probably the most "Non Bolt on" Kit that you will ever see on the face of this earth. I am sorry to say who ever designed this kit must be shot. Too much damn custom work needed to even get this thing to actually spool. Any other shop besides P3 and people who know this car will not be able to install this turbo. People who are thinking about getting this, think twice unless you wanna get raped w/ labor charges for a turbo that does not run right. Out of the box, the turbo will not run right at all. That is why not many had success w/ this kit. Plus ATP customer support is a POS imo. Other than that all other parts were top notch in my opinion.

The Install

I dropped my car @ P3 Last Saturday and as promised, was ready by sunday. The work they did on my car was breathtaking. Very Clean Engine bay and very very meticulous work.
I have been in the tuning game for a while now this is one of the best work that I have seen. there are five guys @ P3 all working on my car. They all do the work and they triple and quadruple check everything to see if everything is tight and clean. They custom fabbed out my 30R so it would work smoothly. I'm sur P3 can chime in on this but this turbo took the damn longest time. I thought it would simply be a 8 hour job but I guess all this custom crap took a while. There were absolutely no let downs w/ this install. It was done in a extremely timely fashion and I know they all pushed themselves to get this done. I love this shop and even if I'm from Jersey they will be seeing my face constantly whether they like it or not!!! Thank you P3.

The People

You don't meet people in the industry like P3 and CP-E. P3 consists of 5 people. 2 Jasons, a Scott, a Brian, and a Charles. They all own this platform and all have the passion to make this car fast. You KNOW when you are around people that love cars and this crew is it. Excuse my language but I have never met people this ******* nice. There are great shops in the US and I fortunately have been to some of them in my time but these guys just kick everybody's asses.

I want to thank sooooo many people for coming out and helping out.

Brian - I appreciate the updates you have given me every single damn day, going over every little detail of the work and making sure that I was comfortable with you guys.

Jason aka Dadasracecar - Although we could not tune, thank you for putting time in this cars and trying to make it run right. You will tune my car soon!

Scott - One long day for you man. throughout the whole day which was like 14+hours for you, you looked out for my car and kept on making sure the car was right. I appreciated that alot and also offering me a room in your house for the night since we were working on my car way after midnight.

Charles - You are one tough guy and the P3 group must be glad you are on their team. People, this guys does not stop working!!! Thank you brother.

Jason aka - Jvoss - Thanks for waiting at CP-E for us, stopping to work on your car even you had no time and swapping out my SSQV. Sounds good now!!!

Josh @ CP-E - As soon as I got there, it was already late and you left the shop open to us so we can get our issue resolved. Josh even welded a custom part for the motor. The only one in the world!!!

Jordan @ CP-E - I felt soooo bad that you had to come from your house to check on my car. I know that you are very busy but still made the time for me, brought your laptop out and worked your magic. now my car is safe to run until I get tuned. Thank you sooo much.

As I said before, you need a hell of a dedicated group of people to make such a big project work. We are not @ 100% yet but we are real close. These guys are the people you wanna work w/ if you want the mazdaspeed 6 to make power.

Impressions of the car

As of now, all parts are in good working order. the car is running very strong but it only has zeroed out map so the full potential is not there yet. The car sounds like a monster after the DNP manifold and the spooling of the 30R is addictive. Once in full boost, man it pulls but that lasts for less than 2 seconds. One thing is that after the K04, this is too damn laggy. The Gt30 shines above 20 psi's but that level cannot be reached w/ a stock block, I believe. But who know, a tune might make this car another completely different beast. Honestly, I thought that the car will pull harder but again, it needs to go on a dyno and get tuned. We had a issue later in the day. jordan @ CP-E discovered that the wastegate is not bleeding enough boost causing boost creep. A big no-no for boosted cars. But I had no choice but to leave it the way it is and head home. This is NOBODY"S FAULT. NOT P3 NOT CP-E. Its the way ATP built this turbo and was not designed correctly. I am gonna contact ATP and let them know this issue. Also, we had very lean idling issues but Jordan just added fuel via standback and that was taken care of. But again, this issue is fixable and we will get right back on the dyno.

Again, thank you P3 for this awesome install. I am very confident that your shop will do very well and now know why CP-E chose you as their premiere installer and tuners.

Anybody who has a chance to stop by CP-E or P3, do so as you can learn alot from them and they are simply very friendly people who love cars.

I will post some engine bay shots later tonight.

This "Build a beast" is almost there. at least shes runnin right???? jkg.........lol

Looks great. Get it tuned up and then let us know how she pulls. How much boost are you planning on running anyway? If you aren't pushing much more than stock (under 20psi) wouldn't it be better to get a reworked K04? You wouldn't be lagging...

Looks great! Hopefully getting down to P3 tomorrow or next week. Just a dp/rp, not a "build a beast" by any means. I'm looking forward to meeting the crew

I havent been to the forums in a long time. Keep us updated on the dyno results, ive been on the fence myself about ordering an ATP kit for a few of my cars. Sure glad I didnt, looks like a total pain in the ass. I almost ordered a GT2871R kit for my 1.8T passat, but all the tuning issues and such people were having looked like a nightmare. Then i saw ATP posted an ad for bolt on 500+hp Speed 6 which is a crock of $hit. Still its what turned me on to the car thinking it would be highly moddable...

Wow! Impressive list and it sounds like you're one of the few that actually has had good experiences with your local shop. I believe that's the most important thing. Find a place that knows what their doing with this car, then get the work done. Looking forward to seeing pics and numbers!

Sure, Here are some crappy pics.

Engine bay
turbopics008.jpg

FMIC
turbopics007.jpg

Catch Can
turbopics010.jpg

The Car
turbopics006.jpg

turbopics012.jpg

The 30R
Picture085.jpg

yep, but the car is still boosting strong and pulling hard as long as i know when to let off. and my car is on a zeroed out map for now. Just recently walked an STI lol......... As soon as I get this issue resoved and tuned, it should be 10X more fun. For now thats all i can do. Still searching for a solution. Probably need to go external but w/ the way these cars are set up, there is no uo-pipe like the sti for a External wastegate.

in 3rd, the boost will creep to about 19-20 which isn't that bad.

its after 3rd where it will start creeping in the upwards of 21-23 psi..........scary.

Last edited:
Have you thought about Forge wastegate? or you think ill be the same?

BTW i want to see your car, do you go to any meets in Central, West Jersey?

Replacing the wastegate actuator rod is gonna do jack. its how the wastegate is designed. i need to go external wastegate or port the wastegate for better flow.

i have never been to any mazda meets in NJ btw. Are there any???

Last edited:
I'm surprised your thread went on almost two weeks without any replies. That car looks incredible and I can't wait to see dyno charts.

I'm amazed at how quickly the shop did your work considering how bad the ATP turbo kit sounds.

Its a work in progress. Slowly but surely, I hope I'll be able to externally wastegate it and see what it does up on the dyno.

Replacing the wastegate actuator rod is gonna do jack. its how the wastegate is designed. i need to go external wastegate or port the wastegate for better flow.

i have never been to any mazda meets in NJ btw. Are there any???

yah lol, come to Wayne Mazda BBQ next week its on the 28th, free food, free and you get to meet and bs with other mazda guys!

Back