angry to say the least

kingpin7666

Rough for no reason
:
03 mazdaspeed protege
ok im getting ass raped by my local mazda dealer. the dealer ship says its gonna be 1009 dollars to fix the clutch on my car. Apperently there is a method of trouble shooting the car for clutch problems that requires that you dont TAKE OFF the transmisson and physically inspect the clutch. Thuogh they may be right, i find it hard to beleive that you can diagnose a complex problem without a proper through inspection. now ive been fixin helicopters for six years and ive never told some one that their bird is broke until i was 100 precent sure of what i was talking about. And dont get me started on the outragous labor costs. mabye its the milatary in me talking BUUT if it turns out to that my lsd has indeed gone bad and they just throw a clutch in my car and charge me for it im gonna be pissed to say the least. Something about the diagnosis of the problem just made me feel like the coustomer consultant thought i just feel off the turnip truck. man im pissed and for 1009 dollars hiely mazda can go to hell and buy the drinks there too

thanks king

try going to another dealer ? that sounds pretty gay about not physically inspecting the clutch to see if it's the problem.

CHICO2003 said:
Isn't your car under warranty still?
the clutch is only warrantied for 12,000 miles if i remember correctly.

the price does not seem to bad for a dealership. let them do the work and if the lsd is bad they will have to do all over. the lsd should be under warranty. if not then they mis diagnosed it and should make good on thier screw up.

theres nothing wrong with your clutch. You could still put it in gear with the engine running right? When you put in reverse it makes a whining noise? If so clutch is working fine, lsd split.

if the clutch is broke, buy an ACT street clutch.. much cheaper than 1009.. and much better performance. If its LSD, it's their s*** anyway so tell em to stick it up their arse.

yeah, if any mechanic, I don't care who it is, mis-diagnoses a car and expects you to pay for it is a moron. Let them replace your clutch, figure out that its not what's wrong, and then have them replace your LSD, which is the problem, free under warranty. Free brand new clutch, eh?

that might be the plan im almost 100 percent sure it is the lsd but if they want to change the clutch out im not going to pay for it. if it is the clutch im going up there tommrow and am going to inquire about it (in a professonal manner) i dont want to let my emotions rule me in this matter. the best thing to do right now is to educate myself about this. ive learned to be right and deal form a position of knowledge and power is the best thing right now

I would not let them replace the clutch at all unless the can physically remove it and show you that it's bad. Even if it's the LSD and they install the clutch, you never know what BS they will come up with to charge you for it anyways. Plus clutches typically don't go from working to not without either obviously destroying it or some major defect.

Back