and u said i couldnt fit em 9" wide bishes

ive come to realize after test fitting, that it is possible to run a 9.5 on the correct offset in the rear, and a 9" up front.. that is, if your like me and like to take it to the limit... but..... for now imma b**** up and run a 18x8 and 18x9 staggered setup on the mazda5

for now here are some test fit pix,

rawkin the fabulous profounds, ive dubbed this the fab5 lol..

REMINDER.. those were the test fitted tires, not the actual ones going on the car... this was for fitment purposes only....

P8280168.jpg

P8280166.jpg

P8280162.jpg

P8280163.jpg

P8280164.jpg

the rear pokes ever so slightly or about 2mm.. once lowered it will be FLUSH..

hate on the hella flush style all you want.. but this makes all cars look good... period...

front is flush right off .. tire sized there makes it look like it pops out but it is flush as flush gets..

next week: fender rolling and pull..

owned the car 3 weeks and this is what ive done already... imagine if i had another 7k and a year.....

week 20 will see the car lowered, and with a possible sponsor in the works, i may see air coming before feb of next year...

Last edited:
What offset are you running? I'd like to say I enjoy that look you got there but ...I, like George Washington cannot tell a lie.Me no like. I guess with a smaller tire it'll look better . At the end of the day it only matters what you think....everything else is just someones opinion. More Power to you my Brother! I just want to make it clear I never doubted you.....You're F-ing crazy....lol

What offset are you running? I'd like to say I enjoy that look you got there but ...I, like George Washington cannot tell a lie.Me no like. I guess with a smaller tire it'll look better . At the end of the day it only matters what you think....everything else is just someones opinion. More Power to you my Brother! I just want to make it clear I never doubted you.....You're F-ing crazy....lol

was never directed @ u my man.. ur help gave me the ideas on where to look.... i just know for sure u can run a 9.5 with rolled fenders in the rear.. we did our measurement.. and i know damn well with the fender pull next year i will fit 10s (with modified door hitch.. u def. cant do it on the stock one....)

for sick wid it rare wheels... go to www.memoryfab.com

as the saying goes: RARE WHEELS SAVED MY LIFE

I'd like to see those wheels fit once the car is lowered. BTW, how low are you going? what offset are those wheels?

Why ? :(

Why having the staggered look on a traction car ? not my cup of tea, not at all. And those tires are freaking too big.

i just know for sure u can run a 9.5 with rolled fenders in the rear.. we did our measurement.. and i know damn well with the fender pull next year i will fit 10s (with modified door hitch.. u def. cant do it on the stock one....)

Rolled Fenders, ouches, I used to do that in the 1980's and early 90's it all resulted in RUST here in humid Okinawa, Japan so power to ya buddy, Id like to see that one when its done.

The "fender pull next year"....)

Please explain, are you talking about literally pulling the fender wells out by hand / tool so they flare out? I'd go to the body shop and have them add some fender flares and go 11's??? No? (boom08) Be careful that can really mess the shape of the walls and again cause rust.

I'd like to see those wheels fit once the car is lowered. BTW, how low are you going? what offset are those wheels?

He'll need to lower it if he's going to go 9 or 10's on it, he'll need that negative camber so they rise at an angle into the wheel well. Hell have one hell of a rotation time, i.e. I used to run negative camber on my Nissan Skyline, and dam if those tires didnt wear the forking tread out on the inside like they were butter melting on hot pavement.

Why ? :(

Why having the staggered look on a traction car ? not my cup of tea, not at all. And those tires are freaking too big.

You know those were NOT the actual tires he's going to run, he said that in the Original Post... and... you can NEVER have too big / wide a set of tires, muahahaha!

Peace!(rei)

You know those were NOT the actual tires he's going to run, he said that in the Original Post... and... you can NEVER have too big / wide a set of tires, muahahaha!

Peace!
I know !!!! Thanks for keeping us in the right lane buddy. ;)

We know it can be done as fo the pull I'll need to mod the doors as a 9 is about 1 inch away from it on the offset chosen. We are lowering when I put some mileage on the car it hasn't even turned 1000 miles yet

flush install = rock chips/mud in doors/quarter panels.... which is why this is illegal in japan (for new cars at least)

flush install = rock chips/mud in doors/quarter panels.... which is why this is illegal in japan (for new cars at least)

Yup, agree, but you ever notice here in Japan ... those dam dump trucks can have those huge chrome bolts sticking out the side like some death race 2000 murder car? lol ! (boom08)
One of my buddies in 1989 took on one of those dump trucks and he lost, dump truck was cheating driving along the shoulder past traffic and he said F that and closed the space down to nothing for the truck, well the truck driver, hit him and kept on going! (crazy)

BTW TheMAN, ever get down to Okianwa?
Peace!(rei)

I'm not sure if you can get away with that bud. I have 18x8 225/40 R18 +45offset lowered on Eibach and even I had to roll and pull the fenders to fit those wheels.

Anyways, good luck to you. Like I said, I'd love to see it done.

Dima

hence the reason i love kali.. no mud where i live, and rain.. well.. i have freeways for that weather... either way.. they are going on..

and they will fit when lowered.. try dropping the car with 500lbs worth of fat guys in the back and u will get the idea.. DIMA.. ive noticed hardly anyone tries to find the limit here.. and that is what im doing now.. letting yall know what CAN be done.. it may not be to everyones liking.. but its the style i crave..

to denote also, i noticed most of the guys here are rocking rotas.. wtf is up with those knock off wheels that fall apart...

yeah rotas FTL
I've heard of many people breaking them (literally) from potholes

hence the reason i love kali.. no mud where i live, and rain.. well.. i have freeways for that weather... either way.. they are going on..

and they will fit when lowered.. try dropping the car with 500lbs worth of fat guys in the back and u will get the idea.. DIMA.. ive noticed hardly anyone tries to find the limit here.. and that is what im doing now.. letting yall know what CAN be done.. it may not be to everyones liking.. but its the style i crave..

to denote also, i noticed most of the guys here are rocking rotas.. wtf is up with those knock off wheels that fall apart...

I definitely respect you for trying something different. I had to try a number of things myself and sometimes it cost you a few extra $$$.
Can't wait to see that car dropped with those bad boys.

friday im testing my 19x9.5 ssr vienna dish 2 piece wheels onto the mazda just to see what the fitment looks like.. i have a strong feeling i will need to run a spacer in the rear on the offset of those +30et.. my guess a 35-38 on that wide would be ideal..

i know for damn sure i had plenty of room.. actually a finger and a half wide between the tire (which was bulging) and the plastic strut cover (which will be trimmed) when i tested the fabulous wheels..

and for the haters of fabulous wheels, this is my boys 2002 solara widebody running them 19x12 if i remember right (or 11.5)
3511706259_42b6d91df2_o.jpg

My beef is what all this "cosmetic" modding does to actual performance. To wear 9JJ & 9.5JJ wheels, we're talking 265 or 285 tires. Even with a CAI, the hp won't be enough to overcome all that extra friction, so performance will drop. And turning will be like wrestling a bear. In the CRX, I took off those pathetic 13" & went 205/50R15 and the car felt like a slot car. But if I went ANY wider, it would have been a pain, not a pleasure. It was already at the limit, widthwise.
It just seems that when it comes to tires/wheels, sensibility gets lost once the car is off the lot. Once upon a time, it was the thing to put 13" wire wheels on a car with 155 tires. There was absolutely NO benefit to come from that, in fact, driving became more dangerous. Emergency manuevers meant popping tires off the rims. Now, once OEM got past the 16" barrier, everyone thinks 20"+ is the way to go. Prob is, every inch in wheel diameter increases weight dramatically. This is unsprung weight, and calcs show that unsprung weight roughly is 4X more than sprung weight. So, if you increase the weight of each tire/wheel combo by 25 lbs, you have the equivalent of 2 200 lbs passengers in the car full time. Talk about killing your performance.

Last edited:
Now, if you had put a Speed3 drivetrain in there....
Well, let's say the added power would handle the extra size just fine...in fact the extra torque would do well with the added friction. But that's why supercars have such fatties. 335s are the only way to handle 500+ lbs of torque.

w/o being disrespectfull, but its quite "easy" to get a 9,5 in the rear if you are using the wrong, so said too small, tires. its clearly noticeable in the 3rd picture of the first post that the tires are way too small for the rim. they should be on 9", or maybe even on 8,5". for that matter its not really a succes to fit those rims on the car. matching tires will not fit under the fender.

it would make sense if you would use a deep dish rim design (like shown on the solara) where you will notice every additional 1/4 inch on the polished rim. but with most spoke designs we use nowadays it just dosnt make sense.

but anyway, i like big wheels too (angel)

Last edited:
w/o being disrespectfull, but its quite "easy" to get a 9,5 in the rear if you are using the wrong, so said too small, tires. its clearly noticeable in the 3rd picture of the first post that the tires are way too small for the rim. they should be on 9", or maybe even on 8,5". for that matter its not really a succes to fit those rims on the car. matching tires will not fit under the fender.

it would make sense if you would use a deep dish rim design (like shown on the solara) where you will notice every additional 1/4 inch on the polished rim. but with most spoke designs we use nowadays it just dosnt make sense.

I think those were test tires not the actual tires he plans to use.......Seems like a lot of work though...

My beef is what all this "cosmetic" modding does to actual performance.

Clothes = my rule = never sacrifice comfort for fashion.
Vehicles = my rule = some sacrifice of economy can result in better looks or style. (Its a guy thing)
fixing up cars IMO = look at the A-holes that drive these 1950/60/70 muscle cars, they suck gas like a flood, where is the economy in that? *wink* and tell the truth, wed all love to have a pair of muscle cars sitting in our 4th and 5th garage, right?

The M5 / Premacy is not a wide rim designed vehicle, its a moma soccer van, but agree, go out as far as you can. Unfortunately in my case, we have a vehicle inspection every two years here in Japan and were not allowed to pull or bend fenders unless it is done by a professional and again that is $$. Oh and I like big deep rims too.

I think those were test tires not the actual tires he plans to use.......Seems like a lot of work though...

You see Work. I see FUN!!
there are those that LOVE to modify and those that ((I cringe)) pay Jiffy Lube to change their oil. Hes just one of dark side guys wanting to do something and asking for some friendly advice / specs, *hint* why I told him what I run on mine, just for referance Geeeeezzz!!

Peace!(rei)

Back