an m3 parked next to me at school today

SocialStealth

:
2002 Mazda Protege ES, 120k miles
So when they left their car I sat infront of it and stared.

I really like the m3 lights...

In design, our lights are rounded on the outward side. The m3's are more pointy.

From the looks of it, that was the only difference, apart from the m3's lights looking skinnier as well.

Now I know swapping an m3's lights into a protege would require a hell of a lot of work, and I'd pretty much have to replace the entire front end.

So I was thinking... would it be possible to maybe fiberglass some type of extension onto the lights, making the outer sides less rounded. Maybe overlapping the fender, or maybe I could cut some of the fender off with a saws all. What do you guys think about it?
Apart from that, I want to get an HID kit, and if I can, make the circle bulb looking things myself :)
Heres what I mean
2dw9k3r.jpg

And heres what I have
2mi2ir6.jpg

That's some quality MSPaintin' right there. :)

Honestly, I'd say just go with the HID kit and enjoy. In all cases of throwing angel eyes or aftermarket lights on Protege's/P5's, the result has been tacky and out of place.

sawz all... lol...

given the question you're asking alone, you do not want to tackle this if you wish to come out with a project that is befitting of even a protege.

if you need something different, do a P5 conversion.

also I assume my m3, you mean mz3... M3 is a BMW.

Back