amp and alternator questions . plz hlp

Anonymous MD

:
2016 mazda cx 5
i am hooking up a 12" Alpine type R {1000w} and a Alpine MRX-m110 Amp {1100 watts} . i will also be adding a 3.0 Farad Capacitor at some point . will i be messing up my alternator or is it ok ? trying to figure out if i will need to switch it out for a high output alternator or not . i dont want to if i dont have to .

i am hooking up a 12" Alpine type R {1000w} and a Alpine MRX-m110 Amp {1100 watts} . i will also be adding a 3.0 Farad Capacitor at some point . will i be messing up my alternator or is it ok ? trying to figure out if i will need to switch it out for a high output alternator or not . i dont want to if i dont have to .

has anyone put a 1000w amp in or just a 500W that i have seen ?

i hope to fix the line converter problem tomorrow until i can afford the thing we talked about . i found some of your post im reading them when i can thanks :) . if i get my system going ill post pics . its not clean yet im waiting to get it all running before i clean up the wireing .

I've tried mounting amps processor to box itself... Bad idea... Then I thought below rear seats... Bad idea seats lower on a hinge setup and heat issues.. Then issues of such orientation since I carry a huge plastic tote box for work... Caused resonance issues. So I finally figured it out. I'll try to post pics tomorrow if I can. But long to short made a amp box, some fans, all. Amps and processor are mounted with rubber washers and the entire box is sealed with silicone and then lots of layers of plasti-dip to rubberize and further help from noise rattle and vibration. With fans blowing in and then some blowing out. Almost finished with it and will post pics. It's not great. But it's decent enough. Most expensive parts were the rubber washers and plastidip... Used spare wood I had around the house lol.

The only way to know for sure would be to find the specification for the alternator and see how much output it has. Then either find the spec's for all the powered systems (or add them all up yourself) and see how much juice is left. If that amount is less than (or near to) your amp drain, then it'd be time to upgrade the alternator. I haven't seen those spec's anywhere online though?

The only way to know for sure would be to find the specification for the alternator and see how much output it has. Then either find the spec's for all the powered systems (or add them all up yourself) and see how much juice is left. If that amount is less than (or near to) your amp drain, then it'd be time to upgrade the alternator. I haven't seen those spec's anywhere online though?

i think ill be fine with one sub if i get a new one . the alpine type r i got just fried and started smoking within 5 min of leaving the audio shop . im soooo mad .

but on a good note i got the line out converter fixed . i think it blew from messing with it after the first try at the line converter cuz they hooked it to the front speakers and the sub looked like it was pumping but had no bass . and they were trying to turn it up like that . i even said it looked like it was trying to jump out the box . :-(

Last edited:
Back