American Bulldogs

Babygirl

I was wondering if anyone on here owns an american bull dog. ( if you seen the movie HOMEWARD BOUND, its the young dog named Chance) I was thinking about getting one and was trying to find out some information. I know i dont like the looks of the Johnson bloodline, i like the scott/painter or Standard bloodline. Just trying to see how your dogs act around children and cats. Thanks

I use to have 2 American Bulldogs.They where both from the Johnson bloodline.I have 3 kids and the dogs where really good with them.Only problem was they are so big that they would knock the kids over.Other than that they where awesome.

i have one too, but no matter what you call it, they still get shat on. ive actually had people play with my dog, THEN ask what breed, and still freak.

This is one form of an american bull dog. this is what i want my dog to look like.

this is another american bulldog. This is the Johnson line. This is the one i do not want.

This is a pit bull... and its funny cause i found this picture when i did a search for american bull dogs. but they are different dogs.

ZoomZoomH said:
Chance rocked in Homeward Bound, isn't he the one that got stung by a porcupine??

hhahah yep he sure did, poor thing....if you look in my above post, the first dog kinda looks like chance

I found a guy who just had 12 puppies yesterday. I move into my house this weekend, and i'm gonna go look at them this week and pick my pup! wish me luck!

My brother got an American bulldog / lab mix puppy from the local pound. At least that's what we think she is. Her name is Lucy. She's about 4 months old and she's a bag of muscle. Absolutely fearless. She constantly tries to play with my mom's 12 year old cockapoo, and despite the cockapoo's snarling and snapping, Lucy sticks her face right in the cockapoos face and tries to play.

She seems to heed commands alright, but she can be stubborn. And when she gets playing rough, she'll tear you up. She's only 30 lbs but I was running with her in the yard, kind of playing keep-away, and I heard this snarl from behind me. I turned around to see her flying through the air and she grabbed my arm with her puppy teeth. She was playing, but still intimidating.

Sorry no pics right now. I'll try to get some.

Sain't said:
My brother got an American bulldog / lab mix puppy from the local pound. At least that's what we think she is. Her name is Lucy. She's about 4 months old and she's a bag of muscle. Absolutely fearless. She constantly tries to play with my mom's 12 year old cockapoo, and despite the cockapoo's snarling and snapping, Lucy sticks her face right in the cockapoos face and tries to play.

She seems to heed commands alright, but she can be stubborn. And when she gets playing rough, she'll tear you up. She's only 30 lbs but I was running with her in the yard, kind of playing keep-away, and I heard this snarl from behind me. I turned around to see her flying through the air and she grabbed my arm with her puppy teeth. She was playing, but still intimidating.

Sorry no pics right now. I'll try to get some.

Hahhah that sounds just like the bulldog in her. I cant think of what this pup looks like. Yes please post some pics when you get a chance.

Finally. This is back when she was a toddler.

Attachments

• Lucy1.JPG
    Lucy1.JPG
    120 KB · Views: 74
  • Lucy2.JPG
    Lucy2.JPG
    126.4 KB · Views: 89
Here's the best pic I could get of my brother's dog. Sorry, it was a camera phone and she moves so fast....

Attachments

• lucy.JPG
    lucy.JPG
    15.7 KB · Views: 92
I got an email yesterday from the breeder. He lost all 12 pups. The mom broke out of her pen and took the puppies outside where it wasnt warm enough. No dog for me!!!

thats horrible :(

Babygirl said:
I got an email yesterday from the breeder. He lost all 12 pups. The mom broke out of her pen and took the puppies outside where it wasnt warm enough. No dog for me!!!

fkmitsu said:
thats horrible :(

Yea I know tell me about it. I really wanted one of these dogs. They are hard to come by for a cheap price. I even left work early yesterday to go to the humane society and they didnt have anything i wanted. The SPCA had a 2 month old rotti there, and i sent my boyfriend to get him but by the time he got there the pup was gone. As soon as they opened the doors to the shelter, he was sold. Mike said they just got an American Bulldog in there but he is 1 years old. He said he was cute. But I dont know what happened to that dog or why he is there. I need a pup so i can raise it with the two cats that i have. And Bulldogs are breed for working/hunting... so i didnt want to get him and bring him home and he eat my cats.....lol

Back