Amber sidemarkers

Hold on, so I can spray my brake lights black with that tint s***, and they'll still be funtional, and look good?

or is it worth buying the ones from bluebat?

yup that night shades stuff works, gotta do a couple coats and it runs easy but after u done, it'll look great and still be functional

haha, nice.

i love when people act all annoyed. "they come off the tribute" and then they're wrong. lol

thanks jam!

LOL, i guess i learnt the hard way, gotta send it back

but they are interchangable with the mazdaspeed protege

they might work for the protege/tribute but it seems like they're too long for the the speed3, looks like i might just spray my fogs and side markers the same amber ... *sigh* didnt want to go that route

yup that night shades stuff works, gotta do a couple coats and it runs easy but after u done, it'll look great and still be functional

Alright, awesome!
There a good how to on this?
I'm nervous about getting it on my paint!
Also, any problems with it coming out uneven? looking bad?
Thanks a bunch!

Alright, awesome!
There a good how to on this?
I'm nervous about getting it on my paint!
Also, any problems with it coming out uneven? looking bad?
Thanks a bunch!

just pop it out and then spray it, no problems messing up the factory paint

Piece of cake. I did mine months ago.. Grab the side marker.. The rear of the marker closest to the mirror/door area is where it will pop out. Just grab a hold of the sucker and pull, grabbing more towards the back. It will begin to pop out. Grab the rear piece as its popping out with your fingernail and it will come out. You could use a rag and a flathead screwdriver to help if you dont have any nails.

Beautiful, what about the brake lights? can you just pop the covers off of them?
I'm sorry I'm such a noob, haha.

im afraid not, the covers are just the same as the headlights, you'll have to take the entire housing off, tape it up and then just spray them.

i sprayed my side markers with hobbie spray tint and it looks pretty good. i just really want amber. :/

jam:

let me know what kind of spray you get and take a couple pics of how it comes out. i'm painting my wheels bronze this weekend too. projects ftw!

i used this to spray my side markers about a year ago.
http://www.eautoworks.com/product-VANS-23638.htm

DSC00023.jpg

i sprayed my side markers with hobbie spray tint and it looks pretty good. i just really want amber. :/

jam:

let me know what kind of spray you get and take a couple pics of how it comes out. i'm painting my wheels bronze this weekend too. projects ftw!

im gonna pay a visit to the dealership to see if they have any amber sidemarkers that would fit the speed3, if not *sigh* i might end up spraying the sidemarkers ... and i might even do the fogs the same ... what do you guys think about that?

im gonna pay a visit to the dealership to see if they have any amber sidemarkers that would fit the speed3, if not *sigh* i might end up spraying the sidemarkers ... and i might even do the fogs the same ... what do you guys think about that?

that would be cool. i was thinking about doing my fogs amber too but i went with yellow w/ yellow bulbs. :)

bump to see if anyone has done this recently ...
AND what would you guys think of painted fog lights like this:

amber1.jpg

amber2.jpg

borrowed pics from VEXX from another forum.

bump to see if anyone has done this recently ...
AND what would you guys think of painted fog lights like this:

amber1.jpg

amber2.jpg

borrowed pics from VEXX from another forum.

honestly, i think it looks like halloween

yeah, i thought the amber fogs would look good but i'm not diggin' it man...

and to me, the orange isn't orange enough. compare the side marker with the corner light.

hmmmmmmmmmmm yea but the guy who did those, jus used amber tints, not the actual spray, but we'll see, i got the spray today and i must say

those side markers are a b*tch to get off !!!

so, they still remain on the car lol

hmmmmmmmmmmm yea but the guy who did those, jus used amber tints, not the actual spray, but we'll see, i got the spray today and i must say

those side markers are a b*tch to get off !!!

so, they still remain on the car lol

really?

here's what you do about the side markers

get a couple pieces of scotch tape.

push the side markers over, toward the door and it should pop right out. :)

then, disconnect the wires and tape them to the fenders. i didn't do that and one of them fell into the fender. it was a b**** to get out!

ok it took me a while to take them off, didnt really want to pull too hard and deform the fenders.

the sidemarkers came out too orange for my liking so i'm gonna do them over

here's a pic of what it looks like compared to the amber lens in the headlights

DSC_0007-3.jpg

Back