Aluminium Intercooler Pipe Kit - DIY FMIC inside

yeap same, used a socket too i guess it was just one i didn't tighten enough. turned out it wasn't the U pipe. it was the other side coming off the IC. i was working by myself in my driveway and the rain was coming in so i rushed it.

had some time today an redid mostly the entire thing cause i felt i rushed it an just didn't take enough time to put it all on the way it should have been. finished it up.. vacuumed and washed the car hooked up the AP and the car is running ****** great right now!

I have worm gear and have done a few WOT runs and even on the highway. No couplers have come off. we did tighten everything down with a socket wrench though (really tight) instead of a screw driver. Heres my first log with the fmic installed. She runs right around 16.xx and peaks at 19.75 3rd gear slow shift to slight 4th.

PS>>ken I was wondering if you were able to ship out my elbow joint yet? along with other email?

Log looks nice... fuel pressure high, no KR... good job!

cant wait for mine i'ma be a installing fool. i did clean the engine valve cover up and check my spark plugs to pass the time.

nice, ken do I have to sign anything from fedex? or they just gonna drop it off? is the brackets coming with the kit as well?

what are you're mods? mine isnt liking me so much.

cpe cai, cpe inlet, denso colder plugs, test pipe, hks-cpe recirculation, and the pg pipes/cxracing core...I think that's about it for engine mods...more to come soon once I pay off some bills!

If I had a downpipe I don't think it would hold up so well. Waiting for my warranty to be up for that and want to get tuned/upgraded fuel pump first

Last edited:
cpe cai, cpe inlet, denso colder plugs, test pipe, hks-cpe recirculation, and the pg pipes/cxracing core...I think that's about it for engine mods...more to come soon once I pay off some bills!

If I had a downpipe I don't think it would hold up so well. Waiting for my warranty to be up for that and want to get tuned/upgraded fuel pump first

yup, once you start playing with exhaust you might notice you're fuel pump acting up. im running full tbe no cats and i get fuel cut pretty bad most of the time at WOT. in 5th ive seen it go as low as mid 900's before (not good) (eek2) so i don't go there often haha. i have fuel pump internals but they are cape diems and im not even going to bother installing them, probably just buy some KMD's here ASAP.

yup, once you start playing with exhaust you might notice you're fuel pump acting up. im running full tbe no cats and i get fuel cut pretty bad most of the time at WOT. in 5th ive seen it go as low as mid 900's before (not good) (eek2) so i don't go there often haha. i have fuel pump internals but they are cape diems and im not even going to bother installing them, probably just buy some KMD's here ASAP.

Dude.. .fix that s*** quick! Look into the PTP upgraded fuel pump instead of KMD internals - KMD internals = fail for me (and others). You can get the upgraded pump for $299 - way cheaper than CPE

Yeah..it was between the fmic and a DP but thought it would be a lot harder to get the DP off when I go to the dealer then the fmic. I knew if I had the DP and FMIC I would need to buy a fuel pump and cobb ap just to be able to drive the car.

as of right now I'm just sticking with my current engine set up might do the resonator deletes but thats it until 60K since the car now only has 23K..i'll probably do some suspension stuff between now and then tho.

PS. Get that stuff fixed!! I'd definitely go with PT- Performance..Never heard a bad thing about their pump

Dude.. .fix that s*** quick! Look into the PTP upgraded fuel pump instead of KMD internals - KMD internals = fail for me (and others). You can get the upgraded pump for $299 - way cheaper than CPE

did you oil em when you installed them?

but yeah the PTP pumps seem good

yup it gets pretty bad sometimes. im actually torn between the ptp pump an just internals, ( i haven't heard that people were having problems with them?? ) ptp is a great company, bought they're smoking turbo fix and haven't had smoke since.

im waiting for a reply back from PTP regarding there pump
but ive got this gear to me PG FMIC kit, CS DP, PG Mani v3 and hopefully soon! I think ill need a pump for sure :rolleyes:

reminds me - i need to order a DH from Ken!

did you oil em when you installed them?

but yeah the PTP pumps seem good

Yeah, I oiled 'em... no gasoline lube... they lasted about 700 miles before seizing at WOT...

There's a guy on the other forum that went through 2 sets of KMDs before finally getting the PTP pump...

Back