Alternator, 2nd Battery, Big 3 Upgrade...

zackmac

:
2003 Mazda Protege5
hey all
been thinking about upgrading my sound system (complete makeover) and realized i need to upgrade some other components of my vehicle first...

i have a 2003 mazda protege5
thinking about the following
-high output alternator
-big 3 upgrade (not sure what gauge/how much wiring to buy)
-add a second (kinetiks) battery

currently i have a 1000w alpine amp with 2x 12" ,alpine type R's (newest model) in a ported box and experience TREMENDOUS dims (believe it or not, have gone through 5 pairs of low beams over the last few months from blowing them)

MY PLANS:
-15" Orion Hcca 2ohm
-make a ported box for it
-Amp (not sure if hifonics zuse would be a good choice)
-the upgrades mentioned above
-(in the future i plan on getting a 4channel amp for mids/his and upgrading my door speakers and tweeters, keep that in mind)

BASICALLY, I am looking for input from yall as to what amp, alternator, battery, and wires to buy in order to upgrade... AND/OR if you have suggestions or pieces of information to tell me

Also I plan on doing all of this by myself, haven't done it before but I am not afraid to learn by trial and error (i have done a fair amount of research)

Thanks yall

Alternator might have to be custom made by a shop for you.

The most I have seen to date is 120 Amp from 80.

The lights are probably not blowing due to lack of power, but are probably being killed by the vibration.

Try buying better quality bulbs.

So I decided before I do the Alt, I might as well do the big 3, I will need to do this eventually anyways and I can do it pretty quick and easy...

Almost set on getting the following link which is 0 gauge KnuKonceptz 99% oxygen free copper wire (5000 count) not the crappy CCA wires... also compared to stinger, this seems much better, i've only read positive things on it
- 18 Feet 0 Gauge Blue Kolossus Fleks Power Wire
- 5 Feet 0 Gauge Smoke Kolossus Fleks Ground Wire
- 1 FH-20 with 300A Fuse
- 3 Black / 1 Red 0 Gauge ring terminals
- 5 feet Split Loom and wire ties
https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

Wondering how much (length) of wire it takes to do the big 3, if any of you have done it before and can remember..
I just want to know if 18' will be enough to run from battery to amp as well in the hatch, I dont see why it wouldnt, but better safe than sorry.

Back