Alpine Head Units....

jc2904

Contributor
whats up with the new alpine head units... No motorized face plates! Now where do i go, back to clarion or maybe the alpine iva-w205. Which is about $800 more then a good deck.. Any other good choices out there??

Eclipse! Amazing sound quality and all of them have that motorized face that you are looking for.

I agree with you, Eclipse makes great head unit

I have a CD-5000 since 1 week, and I like all the settings they have

8V Pre out (3x)
7-band parametric EQ
time alignment
subwoofer control with low-pass filter
etc

looking at some of the different decks out there....

pioneer-9800bt

eclipse-cd7100

alpine-cda9887

Why is a motorized faceplate so important? I have a new Alpine(9885) and I like it a lot.

I have the CD7100 and LOVE IT. Right now I am just running it on my oem speakers with the sirius tuner and ipod controller. I pulled the deck out of my totaled Eclipse (it was running a 4 channel and sub) and also had the CD7000 before that.

I really can't say enough about how much I LOVE the HU. The only thing it is really lacking is a bluetooth adapter (the one available from Eclipse [made by Parrot] only mutes the speaker outputs during calls, not the preout ouputs).

Here it is with my iPod and the MSP Pocket:

ipodandhu.jpg

Thats kinda how I feel about it too.

I agree as well, I have had older Alpine decks with the motorized face and adjustable viewing angle... never used it and hated waiting for the deck to open when I wanted to change a CD.

I have a newer Alpine deck now without the motorized face and I love it. Less to go wrong. I have the CDA-9856

Matt

Back